Most played Unreal Tournament

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Anyway, I would have thought UT3 would be the most played, since it is the newest and everything

UT3 was an epic failure.

It seems like most people map for UT3 though, why don't the majority map for the original UT if it is played the most?

There probably are people still mapping for it, but it's hard to want to release new maps and mods for a 10 year old game that is long past its prime. UT99 has more custom maps and mods by far than any of the other UTs, perhaps more than the rest of them combined.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Thanks for the replys, I just have one more question.

Does anyone play any of the Unreal Tournaments competitively? I wikipediad (-_-") UT99 and found that it was in the World Cyber Games or something like that. Is there anywhere currently which hosts Unreal Tournament, does not matter what one, competitions?
Clanbase still holds seasonal and off-season cup tournaments for UT.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
Some of my fondest memories in gaming were made while playing the first UT.

Indeed. Like the first time I played it. DM-Oblivion with some (back then) very weird settings a friend of mine wanted me to try and I was like 'WTF? Only one weapon?' And nowadays, instagib is one of my favorite modes :)

1. UT
2. UT3
3. UT2004

Same here. I play the original UT more than anything else. But the one game that comes pretty close is UT3 because imho it just feels like a real UT game.

hwkwndl5

Sep 10, 2005
i was bad, played the demo late night at work, mostly phobos and turbine over and over again online. i bought ut2k3 when it can out and , HMOG! got hooked on all those custom levels. but missed out on ut :gonk:

Sep 18, 2009
UT 2004

- nothing
- nothing
- nothing
- nothing
- nothing
- nothing

UT 99 Not nearly as fun as 2004, too much trouble to get it run right (it's easier to download BF:Heroes, Quake Live, or HL2 DM or every other recent game). Assault is fun to play with non- hardcore gamers vs. bots... but getting it to run is such a pita...

- nothing
- nothing
- nothing
- nothing
- nothing
- nothing

-Every other decent game

-UT3 & real time strategy games

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Rosco[CoF];2384622 said:
1-Unreal Tournament
2-Unreal Tournament 3
3-Unreal Tournament 2004
4-Unreal Tournament 2003

UT3 needs more "fun" maps though, Beer Wars, the small maps, Redneck maps. Time to goof it up a bit, take the hard edge off.

OH GOD YES.

But anyways... this seems kinda pointless by the numbers Unreal Tournament 1 and Unreal Tournament 3 are probably the most played. I say this because most UT1 players have at least tried UT3 however with what I'd say most of UT3 players are on the console with no way to play the original UT. Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 came out before the casual gamer rush (kinda like a zerg rush with 99% more frat boys) and got shunned by they "anything but the original sucks" crowd that didn't even try it. So... yeah... what Rosco said... in a lot more words... Unless the question is which one I play more then it's:

1.) UT2k4
2.) UT3
3.) Don't care about the others

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
O_O I am going to get UT1 now and play it.

I just had bunch of male soldiers wander in my room, swearing and drinking beer. They started getting angry and then what do you know I am covered in blood and they keep respawning. I am missing UT omg I am starting to forget about killing floor... must play UT.