UT server over internet connection sharing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
hey o

i have my two computers lanned and both are on the net with microsoft internet connection sharing

the computer im using right now is directly connected to the net so i am able to host UT servers on this comp

but i want my other computer (connected to the net through the lan) to be able to host games

i dont feel like DLin any progies, i just want to know if there is some UT command or sumthin

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
Nope, there isn't an command for in UT.

If you running win98 or 95 or nt4.0 you need an extra "proggie" to setup the router traffic and for the Ip translation.

In win2k there is an inbuild sharing feature, but is quite tricky to setup.

The easiest method you an small lan connecting to the internet is to use winroute 4.0 lite or Pro (but the pro version isn't free).
But for making the clients to be able to host games, then you need or a very good NAT build-up, or sereral IP adresses from you'r ISP. The first option is VERY diffilcult to setup without a good knowledge of TCP/IP and routing. Couse when wrongly done, you set you'r lan wide open for hackers and virusses

All clients can play online as they where connected directly to the internet.
I use it myself to for my girlfriend her PC

bullet2.gif

I Evolve with every frag more to the ultimate Genetic Llama Killer

The 707th Silver Dragons squadron is ready for action

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff , home of the world-famous Llama Farm!

[This message has been edited by BloW__Smoke[PuF] (edited 05-23-2000).]

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
NAT = Network Adress Table.

This is used when sharing an LAN over one signle IP adress.
The NAT program keep track on the packets sended and recieved by the clients, translate their packets with their internal IP adress, into the external IP adress. and visa versa.
Without NAT you can't share an single IP adress over a lan.

bullet2.gif

I Evolve with every frag more to the ultimate Genetic Llama Killer

The 707th Silver Dragons squadron is ready for action

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff , home of the world-famous Llama Farm!

Azmo

ul+ra l33+
Mar 27, 2000
Netherlands
BirddoG, look here and here.

If that doesn't answer your question, try searching the forums, because this question (or something similar) has been discussed before.

Good luck!

C¥BER PETE

Masterful
Jan 18, 2000
Visit site
One minor correction BS..

NAT stands for Network Address Translator

Also a friend of mine is using WIN98SE ICS and UT detects the server list every time without any configuring!

[This message has been edited by C¥BER PETE (edited 05-23-2000).]