BeyondUnreal for PSP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Woohoo! BeyondUnreal is now available in a format that can easily be viewed on the PSP widescreen. Just visit the site at http://psp.beyondunreal.com and you should be good to go. Most, if not all, of the features of BU should be working perfectly. Of course, you can report bugs in the forum post connected to this news post.

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
That's pretty cool. :tup:

Now, If I only had wireless internet...guess I need to go out and look for a Hot Spot then.... :D

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
Cool! :)
(Even if I don't own a PSP myself.)

Just as with the WAP variant, the forum defaults to a really basic version lacking images and the like, an archive version according to the URL.
(Googling gets me such versions a lot for some reason.)
I can understand why this is done, but couldn't a simple piece of CSS make that basic version look as good as the rest of the site?

Right now there's a white background, but if that's changed to the same... (can I call that?) blue that is used on the main site, and if the links are made to use BU's regular link colour, it would be even nicer.
Maybe even re-attach the PSP-version header at the top using the PHP, although that'll take some more work to work/look right I'm sure.

Anyway, congrats on becoming more portable! :)

Bang_Doll

Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96
Aug 10, 2005
hha3.netfirms.com
Wow. Now I'll actually have a use for my PSP.

*looks at laptop* Oh wait, never mind...

Edit: Still, kudos on the ever-expanding outreach of BU. First stop: PSP. Next stop: the world.

But first can we stop for ice cream?

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Retodon8 said:
Cool! :)
(Even if I don't own a PSP myself.)

Just as with the WAP variant, the forum defaults to a really basic version lacking images and the like, an archive version according to the URL.
(Googling gets me such versions a lot for some reason.)
I can understand why this is done, but couldn't a simple piece of CSS make that basic version look as good as the rest of the site?

Right now there's a white background, but if that's changed to the same... (can I call that?) blue that is used on the main site, and if the links are made to use BU's regular link colour, it would be even nicer.
Maybe even re-attach the PSP-version header at the top using the PHP, although that'll take some more work to work/look right I'm sure.

Anyway, congrats on becoming more portable! :)
Resolution and bandwidth concerns mostly.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Awesome, I was actually thinking about this the other day. :tup:

Now I just gotta set up that wireless router I've had lying around, so I'm able to make use of it...

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
That's a nice addition. I'm not planning to buy myself a PSP, but that "mirror" seems to be lighter than main index, so I guess I'll stick to it - loads fatsre on dial-up.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
I've lost my PSP browser because I downgraded from 2.0 to 1.5 so I could use homebrew software :)

Very good job with psp.beyondunreal.com, tho'

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
Dark Pulse said:
Resolution and bandwidth concerns mostly.

Uhm, yes, that's what I was referring to.
I mentioned adding some CSS, but I just checked, and the page(s) already use an external piece of CSS:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/archive/archive.css
In other words, easier than I thought; take a few minutes edit that.
At least, I would if it was my site, but maybe there's a reason not to.

Again, adding a header would be a bit harder, and not really necesary.
Then again a "Home" link of some kind would add to the user experience.

Edit:
It seems like I'm the only one to think that.
Oh well...

Last edited: