Scripted Pawns in UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
I've looked and I can't find a clear answer as to whether or not you can include Unreal monsters (scripted pawns) in a UT level. Possible?

uAthan

Feb 2, 2000
Visit site
Yes you can. Just add them in your level anywhere. They will fight back but will pretty much stand there unless you add patrol points or something like that.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
well, I must be doing something wrong because I added them in the editor, but they don't appear when I test the level or run it manually through UT.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
They've told me you can but I've never seen it myself. Only way I know how to that is to resort to the Unreal 1 gametypes.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
That's too bad. My idea was to have an underwater CTF map, something like AS-OceanFloor, but with a monster or two swimming around outside to add to the atmosphere.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
Is your map a UT map or Unreal? If UT, which gametype? Which monsters did you drop in? I put in a Squid and a Devilfish, and they don't appear in the level. For awhile I thought I remembered a boolean called bMonsters or bAllowMonsters somewhere, but I couldn't find it again so I must have taken too many hits from the bong.

[This message has been edited by Latch (edited 02-21-2000).]

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
I think I found my problem. Even though this level is designed to be underwater, I didn't plan on actually adding the water until the architecture is done. I put a Skaarj Trooper inside the flag room and he appears. Water creatures don't appear, so my guess is that the engine doesn't show water-type creatures if they aren't actually submersed in a WaterZone. I'll test it out and see.