Console Wars 2013

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
PS4 is out, Xbox One is out tomorrow. Several gaming boards are unbearable due to kids bashing each others future purchase choice.

One of my best friends is getting the PS4 by the end of the month and he's hard at work trying to convince our circle of friends to go ps4 this generation, because last gen. he was the only ps3 owner and eventually had to get a 360 to play with RL friends.

Me, I won't be getting a PS ever! The PS controller has been a failure from PS1 up to the ps3 and again, the PS4 controller looks like it's been made for tiny Nippon baby hands, at least this controller is a little less edgy. So Sony's been cramping my style ever since :p

Xbox one looks like it comes with an NSA representative and other things that are not gaming related I couldn't care less.

So, maybe the Xbone can convince me in the far future when I know what MS is up to. Dead Rising 3 looks so damn sexy and it had been one of my favourite exclusive titles.

Till then it looks like I'll rejoin the PC master race.

Feel free to share your (on topic) opinion :)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
The only reason for me to get a console is Forza Motorsports, which is an Xbox exclusive.

...assuming I ever get a console again. Right now, the PC does 99% of my gaming needs.

...but it sure would be nice to play Forza again.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
There's really nothing very exciting about either console this time around. With that said, I'd be more inclined to go with the PS4 if I had to choose one, simply because Microsoft wants it's console to run your entire private life.

With that said, this video highlights some of the nicer features of the Xbone...

[M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe6jV-APwM[/M]

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I'll end up grabbing both, but for now I'm picking up the xbone. The kinect integration is great, and I'm a super fan of that already (and it's sort of broken on the 360), plus I'm damned excited about DR3 and Forza. The PS4 having literally no interesting games until march (second son) really hurt it, and even then, I'll probably wait until summer to pick one up when they've built a library (and if not then, then whenever the new naughty dog game comes out).

I got my new PC rig up and running this fall, so I'm not exactly rushing to sink money into a new console. I played my 360 more than my PS3 but only because I had more buddies using it, and all those buddies are more or less going with Sony this time so I will likely buy one eventually. Just not for like...another year at least. All the games I want are either previous gen or on my 3ds.

In regards to the controller issue...you know I've never been exactly jazzed with the Dualshock controller, it's always been kinda just fine. But gotta say, holding the Dualshock 4 was the closest "like a glove" feeling I've had with a console controller since...well, Gamecube's. The new Box controller, by contrast, is generally passable...with the exception of the bumpers. They just don't work for me, feel strange and gripping them is pretty uncomfortable. The new triggers are cool...but goddamn I just can't stand those bumpers.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
y'all niggas be cray-cray

HAVE YOU SEEN OUR STUDIOS??

ESCWFqa.gif

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
+1

I think I would go with the PS4 but I will be sticking with PC. I might by a PS3 now that they will be getting cheap...

This. Though my usual vehement disgust of everything xbox may be influencing that decision, however I personally find that unlikely, as the xbone is even more a piece of crap then it's predecessors.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
+1

I think I would go with the PS4 but I will be sticking with PC. I might by a PS3 now that they will be getting cheap and use it as an internet TV portal for the teev in the front room....

That and a Bluray player is all I really use my PS3 for. I use Tversity to stream to my PS3, phone, and sometimes Wii if for some reason the PS3 can't play the file natively right.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I might get a WiiU before the year is out now that Windwaker HD is a thing and Super Mario World 3D is getting absolutely nuts reviews...

Same but I will be picking up a 3ds first for that nummy zelda wubby wubs.

As for ps4/xbone. I will be picking up a ps4 sometime next year.. just waiting for the buggies to be worked out and a game to catch my eye.