More character push

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do you want momentum back in weapon hits?

• Total voters

SharKTanK

:zzz:
Oct 5, 2003
Manchester
BooGiTyBoY said:
Even shock hits used to give quite a push in the old days compared to now.
Shock Primary still gives a bit of oomph, but I do agree it's nothing like it used to be. I'd also put my money on it being the most "knock-backeriffic" weapon in 2k4... Bar Goo or something.
Compare that to UT, when a good smacking from MOST weapons would send you miles skyward.
Example: In UT if you hit someone in the air with a rocket or flak shell they would fly pretty far in the opposite direction of the hit. If it was at their feet while they were mid-jump/dodge it would give them quite the upward momentum as well.

In 2k4 when you air rox someone or air flak them they will dorp like a stone.
Exactly.
While it's amazing fun to pull off one Air Rocket, it's near impossible to pull off two as your opponent is already accelerating towards the ground (most times). I never pulled it off myself in UT, but I have seen a couple double air rockets, and I've only ever seen one double air rocket in 2k4...
Ehm, so yeah. Body Punching Power (BPP!) would be nice. :)

Last edited:

--Under

Underestimated user
Mar 21, 2004
like Aenubis said, goo make persons bounce like hell in 2k4(if they dont die) and its plenty of fun. So instead of saying "bring it back" ill just say "Amplify it" wich is the same but making worthless post is my fun when im tired making jscript regexp s.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
-AEnubis- said:
...if the weapon has push. Sniper never has had push.

Every weapon had some push in UT. Sniper had quite a bit. 10 feet is an exaggeration, but it was noticeable. If you were looking over a ledge and got shot from below, it would lift you off your feet. (I still play the old UT, btw.) You could even boost a teammate with the minigun (not very useful, but you could push them up a wall). In fact, I've had the feeling they took some of the push away in 2k4 (especially with rockets) to avoid launching. But it just seems unnatural to me. All weapons should have push.

Last edited:

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
I wouldn't want hitscan weapons to have more push if their rof stays as high as it is right now and the shield gun being taken out. I would also like to see certain projectile weapons doing a little more damage if the movement system stays the same, but be more precise to balance it out, meaning smaller splash radius and direct hits being more rewarding than a splash at someone's feet.

If you shoot someone in the face with rockets while they are in the air they should gain downward momentum and if you shoot someone in the feet they should gain upward momentum. I'm pretty sure this is how it worked in ut2k4. I don't recall hitting someone in the feet and having them gain downward momentum.

Without the shield feature in the next game, we really need a larger momentum per splash damage ratio. It's the ownage when someone hits another in the feet with rockets and hits them in the face with another one while they are in the air. Projectile weapons should be more emphasized, but not noobed at the same time. I definitely don't want rockets only usefulness to be shot at the ground underneath an opponent. Plus, I don't like how you can't double jump over rocket splash damage.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I don't really care what they do as long as they fix that f*ckin' no-damage projectile bug.

I was thinking about making a mutator that gave rockets more push like the assault grenade, which gives about 30% more push than a rocket. Maybe I'll actually do it now so I can post it here...

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Fixing dud projecitles would be client side hit detection.

I get as many damaging projectile that I see not hit, as non-damaging projectiles I see hit. It's just mild discrepencies in what the client sees, and what the server sees. What the server sees effects your ammo and health, what the client sees only effects your preception of that. It's no different then when I try to fire, lose packets, and see no beam, spend no ammo, but watch my weapon kick and make noise.

It's frustrating, dont' get me wrong, but so would be client side hit detection. Like newnet, but different.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
If that shot was a lift jump combo that would killed someone, and they killed you when you hit the ground instead (or before), would that make the decision any tougher?

I kinda like seeing rockets mow through people as though they could hit something else, but my point is simply illustrating the nature of the "bug."

killalot0

May 26, 2005
if were talking about this why don't implent it when a character walks against a character it should have the ability to push it shouldnt it.