Ued render and more

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chupa

Dec 18, 2003
I started working with ued a while ago, but i seem to have this problem:

When i want to move around in my viewport in either [Textures mode] or [Dynamic Light mode] my ued just freezes, it doesn't crash, cus windows doesnt give the error of program not responding, its just doing something and i have no idea what.

im using win xp

on a amd athlon 1800+
i was thinking that it could be my graphix card which is a Radeon 9500+
i got 256 ddr

or it could be that im using the standard Ued for UT i dont know if there is a update or patch for it?

Also how can I change the render settings for Ued? Maybe that helps. One thing tho is the same renderer being used as for the game?
so if i put my renderer on open gl will it use the same renderer for when im gonna play ut?

Fordy

Jul 10, 2001
York, UK
www.planetunreal.com
Sometimes, vert very infrequently, when you move outside your subtracted areas, the ED will freeze for no obvious reason, as far as i know its some really obscure bug which I think someone explained a few years back. The ED gets caught in an infinite loop.

It also doesnt matter what mode your in, you can still get the error, but generally, they are very few & far between.

Last edited: