Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
The Dark Knight Rises - 14.5/10

I did not expect this at all, but definitely better than The Dark Knight imo. This movie makes TDK look like a joke. Haha, get it? But seriously, the Joker stole too much of the stage in TDK. It definitely had more of the cool factor with the Joker and his shenanigans, but as a movie in general I think Rises beats it by far.

I will agree with this. The movie isn't as good as Dark Knight, but it is still very well done and I felt it was an awesome conclusion.

Yup, I wasn't sure how or if they could pull off a Batman trilogy conclusion, but they did an awesome job with how they ended it.

How did Blake know Bruce was Batman? Also the way Bane went out was kinda meh compared to how it could have went but he had his time to shine

Eh, I don't think they could have done a better job. With Bane, a straight up brawl to end it makes perfect sense. Also I like how he gets back up but gets knocked right down again. That's probably what you didn't like about it, but I think it was fine. He had already been defeated and all the focus already changed away from his character with the certain revelation.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
How did Blake know Bruce was Batman? Also the way Bane went out was kinda meh compared to how it could have went but he had his time to shine

I kinda consider Blake to be an amalgamation of Robin's really.
Tim Drake in the comics did "work Batman out" and confront him I think.
In this though I think Blake's explanation was a pretty good... explanation.
Certainly part of his understanding that Wayne=Batman is based on him simply believing it to be true and hoping for a Hero.
The symbolism of Hope has been a motif throughout the three films.(Among other things here and there)

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
The Dark Knight Rises - 10/10
Brilliant! and better than its predecessor mostly because Bane is way more dangerous than the Joker could ever hope to be which to me made the threats Batman and Gotham faced seem more... serious.

The introduction scene to Bane is just as epic as the one The Dark Knight had for the Joker. Anne Hathaway proved all those haters wrong and made a near perfect performance as Catwoman but the real star of the movie is definitely Bale, hate him all you want but you're not gonna find a better Bruce Wayne. I'm also glad Caine was given a more important role and as always delivered.

not sure why but I wasn't too keen on the whole Talia al Ghul twist ending but it worked. Batman vs Bane in the sewers was probably the best scene of the movie, either that or Batman vs Bane outside+inside City Hall.

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines
Short review of the six movies.

21 Jump Street (2012)
This film adaptation adds a very good comedy genre in a twist. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum's acting fits for a personality like the teenage Johnny Deep in the original TV series of the same name.
Grade: B+

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
No comments on this movie. But sure the film is a smashing success for fans and critics alike. Christopher Nolan's epic final Batman movie with Bale, Freeman and Oldman.
Grade: B+

The Human Centipede: First Sequence (2009)
Decent horror movie and a very very shocker one.
Grade: B

The Human Centipede II: Full Sequence (2011)
This film has the ultimate disturbance for audiences. (Not as possible I think.)
Grade: D

Magic Mike (2012)
Decent stripper movie from Steven Soderbergh. I'm find good feelings about Channing Tatum's dance moves...obviously...
Grade: B

Shame (2011)
One of the finest British independent movies of the year 2011. Even the film itself received an NC-17 rating in this decade.
Grade: A-

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Batman: The Dark Knight Rises 7/10

Decent movie, very well produced. Has some pacing issues, and didn't really think much of Bale's performance, but then for a film about Batman it felt like it was more about Gotham than anything else. Bane's voice was super weird, thanks to the power of editing sound to make it sound Bane is constantly in a sound-proof room and unhindered by anything going on around him.

Most of the plot twists were a dime a dozen and easily predicted (Batman's death vs. the autopilot), but despite being aware of Rhas al Gul having a daughter and not a son, I did not anticipate the Talia twist, which was nice.
Aside from Hathaway playing a really decent Catwoman (a far better Catwoman than I'd expected), none of the characters felt like the actors were putting in a lot of effort. Most of them are secondary characters (Lucius Fox, Commissioner Gordon), but felt there could've been better acting.
Kinda disappointing with the superhero approach to the story's development. Cool to see Batman get his back broken etc (which magically gets slammed back into gear by a Pit prisoner doctor? Wat) but with the tone of the film I was hoping at least one or a few of the more central and known characters died.

Michelle Pieffer used elements of a comic book character to make a psychopath...a very watchable psychopath that was good on screen. DeVito did the same to the Penguin in that movie too. Burton's movies were...well, Burton movies. The characters were all crazy, gothic interpretations of what was in the comics anyway, Nicholson's Joker the only one that really fit simply because his character was a psychopath.

Hathaway's Catwoman was closer to the comics (at least the contemporary Catwoman) and despite Nolan's problem with directing women in his previous movies, I thought she was one of the better acts in this flick.

Halle Berry...that was just terrible. That movie, all of it...just terrible.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Batman - The Dark Knight Rises - 6/10

Way too much jizzing over this film atm and whilst I really like the even darker tones the movie is directed towards, story-wise, it's pretty average and I didn't really see any stand-out performances either.
Batman seemed totally vulnerable, unlike the rock hard, invincible persona we normally associate with the character - punches he'd normally walk through were decking him effortlessly and even when he'd sorted himself out with a couple of press-up's & sit-ups, he still seemed to have problems moving in his normal stealth-like manner.
Everything I associate with Batman seemed to be missing from this movie for some reason or another and it kinda falls flat on it's face, just like Mr Bale, who seems to do a lot of that in this film.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Detective Dee: Mystery of the Phantom Flame (Di Renjie zhi tongtian diguo) 6/10

An interesting idea let down by not enough budget and insufficient script development.

As is often the case with Chinese films, some of the interior sets are stunning but there is too much low quality CGI in this production.

The plot is a mash-up of martial arts movie, Chinese imperial history movie, fantasy and mystery. It sort of almost works, certainly enough to be enjoyable in a "park your brain at the door" sort of way.

The leads are strong and they do their best with stock characters that they've been given.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Fortress-6.5/10

Reasonably average World War 2 flick. Not mucgh of a story that hasn't been told before and probably told better.The CGI was o.k. and did paint a picture of bomber groups in battle.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Batman: The Dark Knight Rises 7/10
...for a film about Batman it felt like it was more about Gotham than anything else...

TBH- I believe that's intentional. A Batman movie, ultimately, is about a rich guy called Bruce Wayne trying to save his city. Without the city there is no Batman.
I'd argue it's always been about Gotham, especially in this Nolan trilogy where themes run so heavily throughout the three parts.

I think the only thing missing from TDKR is a generic action scene to show that he's on form BEFORE he meets Bane the first time. The only scenes I recall before then were on the rooftop with Catwoman, on the bike where he just shot stuff or immediately before he met Bane where he did a montage of thug beatdowns. All of which either ended in him running away in a less than subtle jetplane OR him getting owned.
The rest of the action in the movie comes across as a bit WWF wrestling rather than Ninja-tastic.

As for deaths, the Mayor made me sit up and notice shit just got real. I also think we were meant to be more moved by that police guy dieing that Gordon guilt tripped away from his wife and kids to go get slaughtered by Bane.
I agree but I don't know who else could've gotten killed. Alfred practically died the way he exited stage so emotionally tbh.

The only thing I don't get is what was the point in Talia sleeping with Bruce. There's no heir of Ghul sub plot and she hates him so... Is it just a nod to fans or something?

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
The Hunger Games - 4/10

Another film that should have gone straight to DVD - low quality production and poor story make this really cheap.

In a world where society is split in two, one being a lavish baroque/renaissance type lifestyle in the cities and the other being peasants carving a meagre existence off the land.
Things aren't much better for this gentle folk who every year, have to submit two candidates from each zone for sacrifice between the age of 12 & 18 for the hunger games.
To me this seems a bit unfair - on one hand, you've got kids barely out of nappies and on the other, meatheads ready to join the marine corp - yeah these games are gonna be fair aren't they?
The hunger games are basically last man standing/free for all combat ala Battle Royale that's been set up to satisfy some sort of government decree after the wars (whatever) and the whole thing is televised for global broadcast - sound familiar? - yeah, it's called running man for kids.
So, the kids are whisked off into the city, where they are 'trained' - dumped in a forest to fight it out - wtf?
Combat? - there really isn't any from what I could make out and you think that's the whole point of the movie but instead, they force the viewer to watch a love story unfold between the female protagonist & the baker boy from the same village - wtf?
Production is cheap and totally unconvincing - most of the exterior sets are made from copious amounts of MDF and black gloss paint & the security guards are just plain ridiculous.
Donald Sutherland plays some greedy CEO of the hunger games/government whatever and is totally miscast here.
Absolute rubbish