Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
Skyline 6.5-10

No hero, no bull****, just a bunch of confused people who have no idea what the hell is going on. I thought the ending was a bit overboard but then they added more craziness to the ending which was kinda cool.

This is not your typical alien movie with a hero (until the end). This movie was about real reactions of people who have no idea about what the fuk to do when under attack or put into situations where they need to save themselves.

I found it to be quite real because people can be really stupid in most situations let alone a situation where you need to use common sense. The movie shows how much humans are like bugs and can be drawn to a light even if it kills them.

Skyline 6.5-10

No hero, no bull****, just a bunch of confused people who have no idea what the hell is going on. I thought the ending was a bit overboard but then they added more craziness to the ending which was kinda cool.

This is not your typical alien movie with a hero (until the end). This movie was about real reactions of people who have no idea about what the fuk to do when under attack or put into situations where they need to save themselves.

I found it to be quite real because people can be really stupid in most situations let alone a situation where you need to use common sense. The movie shows how much humans are like bugs and can be drawn to a light even if it kills them.

I see you accidentally put a 6 in front of that .5

Just thought I'd let you know your mistype.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Looks like I get to be the first (only?) one to review sucker punch.

Now I'm not going to say this is the greatest movie in the world. In fact for all it's effort it was really quite average. However, at the same time I really don't think critics really understood this film. Many people complained that the movie didn't make any sense. However, I think the movie makes perfect sense...if your'e a girl.

This is basically Pulp Fiction or Kill Bill for chicks. It seems that it was intended to be the mirror image of 300. Everything about it is meant to appeal to women. For anything in the movie to mean anything you have to look at it though this lens.

Take for instance how sexuality is handled in the movie. The majority of the movie takes place in a brothel, and yet there's nothing ever remotely sexual displayed. Their costumes fail to show the amount of skin many men (read ME) were hoping for, and you never get to see the character's sexy dance. This is all intentional. The girls are portrayed in a way that appeals to women. They are sexy and empowered, but not sluts. There's also plenty of feminine imagery. For instance, the subtle references to Alice in wonderland, and the damsels assassinating the dragon.

This even applies to the end. I think people get disappointed when there isn't some great philosophical reveal at the end. It's not building up to anything. It's just supposed to make girls geek out and become emotionally attached. What better way to capture their hearts with emotional scenes about sisterhood?

After seeing the movie I'm really surprised that anybody thought that this movie was going to be a huge commercial success. That's simply not what it's trying to be. It's the quintessential chick cult classic. For those that identify with the artistic style, it's the greatest movie ever.

My wife absolutely loved it. She's already insisting we buy it when it comes out on video. If you have a female significant other with geeky tendencies I would suggest giving it a try. I give it an average 7/10

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Alien Resurrection-6/10

This always was the Japanese manga film of the Alien franchise. It has some lines and a bit of fun but it's the most average of all the films.

La Vie en Rose-6/10

An interesting film about an interesting life but the way the flashbacks happened continuously throughout the movie became confusing; in my opinion. A great performance in the lead role though......

Last edited:

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Breakdown - 8/10

Kurt Russell & his wife play a prosperous city couple who decide to go on a road trip to set up a new life away from it all.
Bottom line is their vehicle breaks down after running into some odd slack-jawed yokel types and his wife basically gets kidnapped and Kurt freaks out and goes on a search for her.
I had seen this film before years ago (1997) and it does have that 'Duel' quality about it that keeps you on the edge of your seat for pretty much the whole of the movie.
Pleasant surprise revisiting this one.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Looks like I get to be the first (only?) one to review sucker punch.

Now I'm not going to say this is the greatest movie in the world. In fact for all it's effort it was really quite average. However, at the same time I really don't think critics really understood this film. Many people complained that the movie didn't make any sense. However, I think the movie makes perfect sense...if your'e a girl.

This is basically Pulp Fiction or Kill Bill for chicks. It seems that it was intended to be the mirror image of 300. Everything about it is meant to appeal to women. For anything in the movie to mean anything you have to look at it though this lens.

Take for instance how sexuality is handled in the movie. The majority of the movie takes place in a brothel, and yet there's nothing ever remotely sexual displayed. Their costumes fail to show the amount of skin many men (read ME) were hoping for, and you never get to see the character's sexy dance. This is all intentional. The girls are portrayed in a way that appeals to women. They are sexy and empowered, but not sluts. There's also plenty of feminine imagery. For instance, the subtle references to Alice in wonderland, and the damsels assassinating the dragon.

This even applies to the end. I think people get disappointed when there isn't some great philosophical reveal at the end. It's not building up to anything. It's just supposed to make girls geek out and become emotionally attached. What better way to capture their hearts with emotional scenes about sisterhood?

After seeing the movie I'm really surprised that anybody thought that this movie was going to be a huge commercial success. That's simply not what it's trying to be. It's the quintessential chick cult classic. For those that identify with the artistic style, it's the greatest movie ever.

My wife absolutely loved it. She's already insisting we buy it when it comes out on video. If you have a female significant other with geeky tendencies I would suggest giving it a try. I give it an average 7/10

All in all it was about a bunch of chicks in a mental institution that were being raped pretty regularly and due to all the meds they were on they dreamt up these fantasies (like the "dancing" and the "brothel") so they didn't have to deal with the reality of being raped constantly. They fooled themselves into thinking of it as a job and that they had no choice in the matter. Baby Doll changed all that.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Breakdown - 8/10

Just watched it. I'm going to second the 8/10.

Really tense, and manages to stay tense throughout. I just about applauded at the finale. My only complaint is the way the car broke down. It was driving perfectly fine and out of the blue all power is lost? Then it's revealed that a bunch of wires were pulled at the gas station. So how the hell did he even drive it out of the gas station? :con:

Still though, a minor setback to an otherwise excellent film. Thanks for the recommendation!

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
Paranormal Activity Tokyo - 2/10

Don't know if this one was released in US.

That's 2 points just for the R$8 i spent to watch it.

You know, the first PA i though was kinda interesting, the format of the film and all. The second was more of the same. This one (which is a japonese remake) is like a rip-off. You get the same editing style, same useless scene sequences, same demon-**** stories. They even try to establish a connection with the american movie, and it's even said in the trailer you'd get a surprising ending (lol). It managed to actually scare us in some scenes, but everything was very lame. The only good thing about this movie (which i just watched yesterday in the movie theater) was the audience laughing their asses off, amazed in lameness, both of the film and the actors/acting.

Also, that guy's sister is kinda cute, but she speaks japonese. We could point out several really funny misheard words throughout the whole thing.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Source Code - 8.5/10

Really friggin good, although the more I think about the ending the more I run into paradoxes and null pointer exceptions.

Agreed. It was an excellent film marred slightly by the ending, which wants too hard to appeal to mainstream audiences. If it had ended with the freeze frame and then Goodwin in that one room, it would have been brilliant. Oh well, it was still an excellent movie, and it's certainly doing more business than, say, Moon.

~Jason