Jailbreak Mod for original release of UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

one_billion_daleks

May 20, 2004
I've seen a few Jailbreak maps in NaliCity for the original UT, but can't figure out how on earth I'd load them, and why they'd be listed in NC if they can't be made to run.

The impression I've had was that the Jailbreak Mod was not completed for UT, and only works for later releases ... is this correct ...?

If not, could someone point me in the right direction for obtaining Jailbreak for UT please.

Thank Q!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Try this:

JailbreakIII for ut

Make sure you have at least UT version 436 I guess.

You can start a jailbreak game from either the "practise session" window, or "start multiplayer game".
It's a new gametype, so check the dropdown menu.

The files needed for the maps to run go in the following directories of your ut install.
.unr files go in the maps directory
.u and .int files in the system dir
.uax in the sound fir
.umx in the music dir.
.utx in the textures dir.

Jailbreak also comes with a "help" section.

Sorry if you're already familiar with the last part of my post, just want to make sure :B

one_billion_daleks

May 20, 2004
Thanks for your reply NeoNite, or as we say in New Zealand ... cheese mite (meaning er ... cheers mate) ...

As it happens I did check out the Planet Jailbreak site before I posted my question ... according to their page:

www.planetjailbreak.com/features/history/

"Jailbreak was originally developed by Team Reaction for id software's popular shooter game Quake ... They began a version for Epic's Unreal Tournament version in late 1999 but this was abandoned in May 2000."

... I took this to mean that Jailbreak for UT200x is not backwards compatible to run under UT, that you need at least UT2003.

As the Jailbreak Mod is 40Mb I'm keen to establish whether it'll work for UT before downloading using my olde worlde steam-powered modem!

Any ideas?

Cheese Mite.

The Purple Bunny

Super Mario Breakdance!
Jun 27, 2003
Hot South GA
www.bunnyhaetsu.net
The Jailbreak mod for UT works. Get Jailbreak III Gold, as it's the most recent version for UT. Also update UT to 436 if you can.

Jailbreak 200x is only for UT 2003 and 2004 (each has it's own UMod to fit that game's engine). And, just like everything else in 2003 and 2004, none of it is compatable with original UT.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
You should had gone directly to downloads page at PlanetJailBreak...

... and welcome to the Jail ;p ...

one_billion_daleks

May 20, 2004
Thanks PurpleBunny, I'll give it a go ... I reckon a 40Mb download is gonna take about 10 hours on a 56k line, so fingers crossed it all works.
Cheese Mite.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
if you read the history more completely you'd read about how daikiki wanted to finish what they had started, and that lead to Jailbreak III Gold. Maybe you also missed the download links on our website (Planet jailbreak- I was a beta tester for Jailbreak III for UT) .... ? Nalicity is the "official" site for jailbreak maps :) There wouldnt be so many maps if the mod didnt exist ;)

We even have yet another map pack in the works... we still support the mod as well, even though we have recently released the UT2k3/4 version.

IMPORTANT IMPORTANT I think you were looking at the download links for the UT200x version of jailbreak. make sure you download Jailbreak III Gold for UT. IMPORTANT IMPORTANT

If you ahve anymore questions I highly encourage you to visit the jailbreak forums- there is a link to them on the right sidebar on our website.

Last edited:

one_billion_daleks

May 20, 2004
SirTahngarth said:
There wouldnt be so many maps if the mod didnt exist ;)

Yeah, that's what I figured ... but then I didn't wanna do a 10 hour download only to find it was incompatible with Rel.436

Thanks Sir Tahngarth for the tips, now I've just got to find a 10 hour window where I'm not either surfing, or incurring humungous connect fees from my ISP!