Getting Comcast cable modem tomorrow

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Getting myself comcast cable modem tomorrow, can't wait for that. My brother in Nevada has it, and he says he can download files at over 300 KB/sec with it. I've heard of BuF'ers getting anywhere from 500-800 KB/sec with their cable modems. That is pretty sweet, it is much faster then DSL that is for sure! With my Verizon DSL I was getting about 80 KB/sec. :)

You can never have to fast of a internet connection. I think this is going to cost $1 for the first month, then $25 for the second and then $45 a month after that. So it is a pretty good deal. :tup:

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
well, I can't say anything for other areas, but I know that Comcast in Delaware (East Coast) sucks massive amounts of balls.

My download is officially 197.2 kb/s (according to dslreports) but you will never see those. I think the highest I have ever gotten is 120 (better than 56k, but makes you feel like crap when you talk to anyone else)

My upload is apparently 237 kbps, but I think comcast has a cutoff at 30 kb/s (I always get 30 kb/s no matter who it is I am connected to.)

And of course, my connection craps out very often (always when there is but one or two megabytes left in a download, or when I find a new online only game that I want to play).

So in short, it could be worse, but you will feel like a second-class citizen when you are online.

Justin286

Smooth Criminal
Jul 26, 2001
Bk, Nyc
one_gundam_war said:
hmm, kinda off topic, but does anyone know what "Recieve Window" is? I was checking for ways to tweak my connection and dslreports reccomends changing my RWIN.
Use Dr TCP and set it to the upper end of whatever value the Tweak Test told you to.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Got my cable, its super fast :D Only problem I had with it was during setup, it took forever, didnt run into any problems, it was just slow. But otherwise, this stuff is great, I need to test it on a real big download. :D