UE2 - UT2kX Pickups, spawning and frags

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spongy

Jun 17, 2009
Hi there, im working on a research project for a university using ut2004.

I was wondering if there was a way to identify if a human player has picked up a weapon or ammo, basically some kind of pickup?

Also if there a way to identify if the player has killed or been killed and output this to a log file?

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I was wondering if there was a way to identify if a human player has picked up a weapon or ammo, basically some kind of pickup?

One solution is to extend existing Pickups and Weapons and have them output to log or send a message to another object/actor. You can then use a Mutator to swap standard items with the ones you've created.

Also if there a way to identify if the player has killed or been killed and output this to a log file?

In UT2004's equivalent of the Mutator class (hope Wormbo doesn't fault me for this ^^) there should be a function that explicitely does this. Something like PreventDeath() perhaps ? The UnrealWiki should have something to say on the topic.

Last edited:

spongy

Jun 17, 2009
thank you, im still unsure how o get it all done but you guys have been very helpful!