Poll - All weapons fire bullets idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 weapons

• Would you prefer having only: All weapons firing bullets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UT3 is oky the way it is

Votes: 70 97.2%
  • Keep the actual weapons and add more firing bullets weapons!

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Thats not the point. A billion FPS games already have these bullet weapons and do a far better job of them than UT is ever going to do.

Taking away all that makes UT unique is about the most stupid thing you could do to this game...

Skakruk

Jan 20, 2008
CoD4 is way to easy + the amount of auto-aim (is it there on PC too???)

They always put a lot of autoaim in the console versions of games, otherwise hardly anyone would be able to play them. Personally I haven't noticed any autoaim in CoD4 PC. There is probably an option to enable/disable it somewhere.

Crysis weapons - the weapon dynamic isn't very effective, but the game has cool features for customization

What do you mean by "weapon dynamic"?

Would be nice to see a mod with this kind of stuff ... being able to upgrade weps like the dispersion pistol etc etc etc

I think a brand new Dispersion Pistol should have been the standard sidearm in UT3, instead of the Enforcer. They could have placed upgrade powerups around the maps just like any other pickup. :)

Last edited:

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
Thats not the point. A billion FPS games already have these bullet weapons and do a far better job of them than UT is ever going to do.

Taking away all that makes UT unique is about the most stupid thing you could do to this game...
Well, Ubisoft also thought that their Rainbow Six Franchise was pretty much unique without any jump action :lol:

Quake 3 is really similar to UT, but is better at using the core gameplay mecanics & tricks.

Well I didn't find any better word for "how the weapons work" to express the Weapon Dynamic:
- how it feels
- the delay before the bullet is fired
- the weapon animation
- the tracers
- how the bullet travels
- how is the accuracy working
- etc...

The overall... or I could just write: the "Gunplay".

Last edited:

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Would be nice to see a mod with this kind of stuff ... being able to upgrade weps like the dispersion pistol etc etc etc

That could have been an interesting aspect of a proper warfare campaign. Completing certain objectives or gaining certain territories allows you to upgrade vehicles and weapons. It would be a horrible thing to balance, but cool none the less. Pariah and Warpath had this thing with cores that gradually upgrade weapons!

I think it would require a totally different style of gameplay to work in UT. Something like a proper tactical game, not arena style combat.

That could have been an interesting aspect of a proper warfare campaign. Completing certain objectives or gaining certain territories allows you to upgrade vehicles and weapons. It would be a horrible thing to balance, but cool none the less. Pariah and Warpath had this thing with cores that gradually upgrade weapons!

I think it would require a totally different style of gameplay to work in UT. Something like a proper tactical game, not arena style combat.

Thats what i was just thinking:
Warfare style on possibly a larger scale maps and assault like goals.

No that would not be a tournament at all

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The way the weapons counter one another creates sort of a chess-match strategy. Also, each one excels in given situations. Replacing the ten or so varied weapons that populates each version of Unreal Tournament with ten similarly firing weapons would be really bad.

Go check out Unreal 2 if you want a taste of more "realistic" weapons in an Unreal Universe.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
- Bullet speed
- Physics & distance affecting the bullets
- Delay after triggering before the bullet get out of the canon
- Ammo clip size
- Fire rate
- Accuracy
- Fire power
- bullet tracer
- Spread damage or not
- Reload time
- Weapon weight

Don't you think that we could have enough stats to make another chess-match strategy, but on a faster rate and it could well work with an Arena Match exactly like UT3.

By example, Soldier of Fortune 2 was similar to that and worked very well.

Last edited:

vybz

Apr 2, 2008
you're just trying to think of a new game, it definitely wont be a successful modification, imagine shock rifle as real bullets, trying to do a shock combo lal..
I myself would like to play an unreal mix with realness type game thingy but it wont be unreal T, it'll be a new game.

Last edited:

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
Exactly why I talked about using Items, but you are right; it was about redifining UT3.
As I see, people loves it and should stop complaining in the other threads if they love that game how it actually is.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
2057130217_89a2a58bc0_b.jpg

SA700150-787087.JPG

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
There are all sorts of crappy, clone-like "realism" games out there with all the bullet weapons you could want, go play one of them.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
joker-cat.jpg

... :lol:
Here again, stop jumping to conclusion. I never talked about having a realistic game with weapons firing bullets and I don't really see any realism in video games, because it wouldn't be even fun.

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Here again, stop jumping to conclusion. I never talked about having a realistic game with weapons firing bullets and I don't really see any realism in video games, because it wouldn't be even fun.

Would you like having all weapons firing bullets instead of the actual weapon system of UT3? :eek:

In other terms, would you prefer the Gears of War weapon system [real bullets] instead of a crazy looking Bio Rifle.

So wait, that's not you saying this then?

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
LOLL
A bad idea, but actually the Snipe and the Enforcer fit, so why not a modern assault rifle that can be accurate if both the fire rate and recoil are mastered?

Status
Not open for further replies.