New CTF needs testing.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ajschiavoni

Professional Slacker
Apr 9, 2008
In a cold dark place.
Screenshots of the design, This is a remake of my old CTF Map Champion.

Attachments

• Shot0004.gif
    Shot0004.gif
    266.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Shot0005.gif
    Shot0005.gif
    297.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Shot0006.gif
    Shot0006.gif
    308.8 KB · Views: 27

rorknc

Jul 30, 2008
A couple of downloads and no reaction, that's pretty disappointing I guess. At least it shows people are still looking for new maps.

I had a quick look at it with normal weapons and 3 bots, I think it's a nice small and fast map. There's plenty of z-axis in the bases and midfield which when used well add to the speed of the game.

Looks are fine to me: not too much polies so it runs well on my old computer and I don't get hooked behind a pillar or something so that should make for some fast gameplay. The texture gives enough detail to make it look good. Lights are nice, they are dimmed in midfield but it's not too dark, the colored lights weren't that abundant that the map looks like a disco, that was what I was afraid of when I saw your screenshot.s I didn' t notice any HOMs or other problems.

Powerups/Weapons: the design looks great for combo whore's in midfield so I'm glad you left that one out. Weapon placements look ok to me but I'm easy to please there. Regarding powerups I think first off all there's too much of the big powerups (2 belts, keg, armor and pads) and a shortage of medboxes. Second the armors and keg low in midfield are a bit too much, it could be better to spread them around a bit. It would be pretty easy for someone to grab both pads and armor, and keg if he timed well, so you will have one "hardskinner" walking around. I would exchange the belts for armors, remove the armor from midfield and add some medboxes near Flak myself but that's up to you.

Botpathing can be better I guess, bots usually seem to take the lower route in and out of the enemy base. I didn't see any alternatepaths, adding those might help to make playing vs bots more fun. Bot's are using the translocators if you're leaving high which is pretty cool (hmm, is there a system that makes them leave low and intercept you in midfield? that would be even cooler)

Whereas looks and powerups are highly subjective, I think if you fix the alternatepaths it will be a really nice map! Good job.