Unreal Gold

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zombie{DZ}

Living Dead
Jan 27, 2004
Asgard said:
Just as you dont like running 226 a lot of us dont like running some of these mods. and with 226 (non gold) we arent getting these problems at all.

It isn't completely about me not liking v226/Gold servers, it's also because it no longer works out in the "Gold version" age of Unreal. Anyone is always free to run a v226f/Gold server, just don't expect it to be able to reach a fuller player load compliment (with the exception of some Gold servers since Unreal is more populated with Gold client players now) as with a v225 server.

Also don't forget that v226f still inherites the dozens of playerpawn security holes of any other released version, so you still have "problems". So while Gold player connectivity and their exploitable classes are ignored you can still get hack attacks by malicious players running custom consoles or general PlayerPawn "Lag-N-Crash" exploits typicaly used by clans such as Klingon. The only decent solution to that is blocking unauthorized custom consoles or making a mod packages that swaps out the old player classes with new security fixed ones. So If you wanted the upmost secure server, my advice is you'd use something like zynthetic has to change the classes at login, but instead with new security fixed player classes too. ;) I won't go into detail here, but if you need a nearly complete list of the player class exploits I can mail them too you and how they can be fixed.

-Zombie

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Well I may consider putting up a 225 server sometime in the future and perhaps others I admin may convert. depends really on the mods available. Currently were having no problems compared to 225 (quick and easy to ban) and i prefer a private server anyway.

I did write a mod a couple of years ago that forced players to default unreal players (No eyes, upak, illegal classes etc) Which gave minimal security. However if i was to expand on this id probably make it so illegal classsses and consoles crash the client with server choice on allowable consoles etc with all new forced player classes. (nothing like windows blue screen to put an end to it)
But really there's many fine mods out there already as u know (kerberous , advcoop etc), and I dont enjoy this type of coding. Peronally Id rather try and create something new for the game.

cheers

Zombie{DZ} said:
It isn't completely about me not liking v226/Gold servers, it's also because it no longer works out in the "Gold version" age of Unreal. Anyone is always free to run a v226f/Gold server, just don't expect it to be able to reach a fuller player load compliment (with the exception of some Gold servers since Unreal is more populated with Gold client players now) as with a v225 server.

Also don't forget that v226f still inherites the dozens of playerpawn security holes of any other released version, so you still have "problems". So while Gold player connectivity and their exploitable classes are ignored you can still get hack attacks by malicious players running custom consoles or general PlayerPawn "Lag-N-Crash" exploits typicaly used by clans such as Klingon. The only decent solution to that is blocking unauthorized custom consoles or making a mod packages that swaps out the old player classes with new security fixed ones. So If you wanted the upmost secure server, my advice is you'd use something like zynthetic has to change the classes at login, but instead with new security fixed player classes too. ;) I won't go into detail here, but if you need a nearly complete list of the player class exploits I can mail them too you and how they can be fixed.

-Zombie