wtf is up wit the UT models??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
Well, Ive been playing UT for about 2 years already, and Ive never come across a good cuztom model for UT except Marine. The rest just sUx0rZ badly. UT models have the worst strafing animations ever!! They just look REALLY fake to me. Compared to Quake 3 animations on models, UT animations just suck. But why is it that when I see a strafing animation from ANY UT model, there always the same, fake sh*t. UT is great, but the models just suck! Does anyone know of any GOOD UT models? Or of any GOOD UT model sites? I already tried the spawn, darthvader, and obi wan models, and they all suck, especially the animations. Its really not the models I have a problem with, just the animations of the running, and strafing, and all that other sh*T.

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
40k spacemarine has to come op of my list aswell, Iv never seen a better designed or executed model (it even uses the skeletal chars) and IMO it looks better than its Q3 counter part.

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
oohh, I think I found out why the strafing is fooked up for all models. And yes, I tried the spacemarine 40k, good model but bad strafing animations.

Anyways, this is why: its cuz the UT animation system takes a long time to recognize when ur strafing. For example, when are runnning forward, and then all of a sudden strafe left, the running forward animation will keep on running for about 1 second, THEN thats when the animation system recognizes that ur strafing left, then it switches animations to the strafing left animation.

The same thing when ur strafing left, then u sudenly strafe right. The strafe left animation will keep on runing the strafe left animation for another second er two, then it will switch animations to the right strafe animation.

Ive also downloaded the Visor Quake 3 to UT conversion to see if it would be better, but its not. I downloaded the UT conversion of the Arab model from Half-Life, but I dunno why, it doesnt even show up in the model select menu. And yes, I installed it in the right place.

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
Originally posted by Boricua_33015

Anyways, this is why: its cuz the UT animation system takes a long time to recognize when ur strafing. For example, when are runnning forward, and then all of a sudden strafe left, the running forward animation will keep on running for about 1 second, THEN thats when the animation system recognizes that ur strafing left, then it switches animations to the strafing left animation.

Mine dont....

Hellbilly

Fully recovered Ex-Evercrack player
May 6, 2000
Somewhere in upstate NY
The Skaarj Hybrid model is notorious for that. Go from a crouching position to a full run and he seems to glide across the floor for a few seconds.

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
i dont think its my comp. Go in third person view and look at ur models strafing. This happend especially with the Male Soldier model.

And I dont mean that it delays the animations by like 1 or 2 seconds, I was exaggerating. Its more like half a second to a second.

I like the Wraithgaurd. U can only use it if u have advanced model support in UT.