World of Warcrafters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Three weeks is quite a lot for say, a savy WoW player. But then I'm going to assume tool meant anyone in general. I've been hearing about the XP rate increase in Azeroth, but then someone argued with me when I told him about it (a EB games worker (Might be why)), and apparently Blizzard didn't change it one bit.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
He's dumb because I remember reading a Blizzard post saying they were going to increase it. But I did'nt know by how much. It would be stupid not to of increased it with them throwing on 20 more levels. No one would have the patience to re roll and spend a month or more in Azeroth and another 3-4 weeks in Outland to finally get to Northrend.

Three weeks is quite a lot for say, a savy WoW player. But then I'm going to assume tool meant anyone in general. I've been hearing about the XP rate increase in Azeroth, but then someone argued with me when I told him about it (a EB games worker (Might be why)), and apparently Blizzard didn't change it one bit.

They increased it quite a bit actually. They initially said 10%, but changed it to 20%, and then also lowered the required exp to actually level also.

Many people got confused because the exp bonus didn't apply to grinding mob kills. It only applied to turning in actual Quests, solo Quests at that. Everyone who has friends grind their characters for them, running them through dungeons etc, saw little to no bonus, but then they're not even playing the game really, they're just coasting along on their friend's boredom/generosity.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I hope you arent serious man... The only time Warlocks were free HK's before BC was when they did'nt have Death Coil. When Blizzard made the patch that gave Locks Death Coil they were OP till WOTLK.

You must have been doing something wrong if you think locks sucked Pre BC. They were the most cried about class until Death Knights went Live.

... Locks sucked untill the patch released immediately before BC. trust me i actually play one and have done for 4 years....

Shamans were always the most cried about class pre BC. The patch released immediately before(To incorporate the changes of BC) shouldn't even count as pre BC even if it was about for a month or so.

Sure death coild caused some crying but the very reason WHY Deathcoil was given to the warlocks was BECAUSE they were THE free Honor Kill.

With a little research you can even see from patch notes that from release warlocks were buffed and buffed untill BC came out, which is for very obvious reasons(Underpowered much?) and then, EVERY patch there after contained a nerf of some sort from the very severe to the gradually more and more minor(Fixing the mistakes). Now ofcourse they're trying to improve the class again because they wen't too far about 5 patches ago, all the sell outs who played the class when they thought it was OP have abandoned it(A rather large clue as to it's current state) to play Death Knights.

I mean it literally btw, i wasn't just talking from personal opinion, Warlocks were THE least played class in the game and are now dropping down again. Doesn't take a genius to realise why.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass

Yeah Blizzard for sure made it easier to level in classic and TBC. That player was stupid and never paid attention to the patch notes. I think the TBC change was made in the patch before wrath of the lich king came out. 3.0 if I remember correctly.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
the very reason WHY Deathcoil was given to the warlocks was BECAUSE they were THE free Honor Kill.

Yep, I know that, and after they got their I Win button (death coil) they were no longer Free Honor Kills. How much pvp did you do with your lock? BTW were you specd Afflic with SL? Because that was the best PVP spec locks used.

I also played a warlock on the PTR's when I was playing BC. LOL now that was some funny ****! I felt like I was cheating.

Last edited:

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Bumpo.

A couple new things coming ahead of the upcoming 3.1.0 patch:

• Anyone who uses the Carbonite add-on and knows about their recent decision to put ads in their free version (on top of charging for the full version) will laugh at Blizzard's new policies concerning add-ons, specifically:
    1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
    All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.

4) Add-ons may not include advertisements.
    Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services.

5) Add-ons may not solicit donations.
    Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game.
    I've already seen one person on the add-on's forums that this is specifically targeted at Carbonite's makers, which also makes me laugh. How many add-ons don't charge anyone or have adds? All but one, by my count.
  • Battle.net is getting a new coat of paint as well. If you have a WoW account and you'd like to be able to download the clients of other Blizzard games you own (as well as opt-in for any future betas, hint hint Starcraft 2, Diablo 3), you can go on battle.net and do that up.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Updates

On a personal note, my guild downed Sartharion with 3 Drakes, something that's supposedly as hard as pre-Muru Sunwell and easily the hardest encounter in Wrath of the Lich King.

Patch 3.1 is coming out sometime in the near future (end of April I'm betting), and there are some pretty big changes.

My favorite class, the Warrior, is getting nerfed in Fury and buffed in Arms, and buffed overall in PvP combat. Death Knights are supposedly getting nerfed (a good thing IMO).

Here's a skill list (click on any class for new or updated skills) and a talent calculator for the latest build on test realms.

Ulduar will have 14 bosses, 4 of which only have normal modes, 9 of which have normal modes and an optional "hard mode" (leave certain monsters up during the fight, beat the boss in 6 minutes, etc.), and 1 boss has no normal mode. I've yet to play any of the encounters on the test realm, but damn are these fights looking hard. The final secret-hidden-optional boss might be the hardest thing in the game ever if Blizzard isn't bluffing about it.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I hit level 62 with my frost mage and I've hit a wall for the moment. I really don't like Outland in terms of questing (maybe just Hellfire) and I'll be happy to move on (not to Zangarmarsh though).

I also just rolled a DK, and since I finished the intro chain I've been leveling mining and herbalism so I have something to make money with (since I neglected my profs on my main, as usual). I ultimately never realized the money that can be made from just selling ore and bars. Herbs still leaves something to be desired, but in just a couple of days of work I've made about 50g already, which was enough to bump my main into epic land mount...land.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
On a personal note, my guild downed Sartharion with 3 Drakes, something that's supposedly as hard as pre-Muru Sunwell and easily the hardest encounter in Wrath of the Lich King.

Are you guys horde and do you need a holy priest by any chance?

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
What kind of raiding guild does'nt need more Holy Priests? Thats the question.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Yeah, as a priest, its not hard at all to just sit around in dalaran, unguilded and get flooded with whispers asking if I am interested in joining a top end raiding guild.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I wouldn't want to play with any of the raiding guilds currently on my realm.

When I sold my rogue, I quit playing with the raiding guild I was with original on the realm of Khaz'Modan. They were the best horde raiding guild on the server and still are. I decided to roll a priest before wrath, but on a different realm and play with friends. Drama has left me without a real raiding guild that can progress so I am thinking of going back to khaz'modan and playing with my old raiding guild because I know they are good.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
It can be hard finding a good server. I played on like 5 or so before finding my favorite, which was Smolderthorn.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
It can be hard finding a good server. I played on like 5 or so before finding my favorite, which was Smolderthorn.

Hey fellow Smolderthorner! What's your name/lvl/race/class? I'm Seamak (62 Blood Elf frost mage) and Seedeekay (58 Blood Elf undead death knight).

I recently discovered how easy it is making money off selling bars and herbs. rolling in it~