World of Warcrafters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I have been thinking about getting this game. I think I am either going to play as a Night Elf or Human Rogue since the Warrior class is **** from what I have read. I guess all Warriors do is miss, miss, and miss agian. Anyone know why?

Also, how well does it run on slower system? I saw the min specs and my proc is embarrassingly slow,(P3 700MHz:eek:) but I am well above on eveything else. Is it playable? Or should I wait until I get a new PC maybe later this year. To much real life things going on at the moment to build one now.

Last edited:

loserkid

get warmer
Sep 18, 2000
Lethbridge, AB
Visit site
BillyBadAss said:
I have been thinking about getting this game. I think I am either going to play as a Night Elf or Human Rogue since the Warrior class is **** from what I have read. I guess all Warriors do is miss, miss, and miss agian. Anyone know why?

Also, how well does it run on slower system? I saw the min specs and my proc is embarrassingly slow,(P3 700MHz:eek:) but I am well above on eveything else. Is it playable? Or should I wait until I get a new PC maybe later this year. To much real life things going on at the moment to build one now.

I think it may be able to run, although I'm not sure.

And the problem with Warriors is greatly exaggerated. I don't have one, but I know many, many Warriors who are happy with their class. I won't deny that they need a few things changed for the better but they're not half as gimped as everyone says they are. Rogue is a really fun class though, there are some annoying bugs with it but I like it a whole lot.

Btw Undead > Night Elf/Human :D I love being immune to fear for 20 seconds, shows those damn fear chaining warlocks. :(

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I talked to a co-worker at work whom's friend has a lesser box than mine and it runs fine for him, so I should be ok. I think I might pick this game up next week. I might even play as a Night Elf Priest just to mix it up.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
-|RoK|- said:
Ya for sure .. but what I said is the game type d2 related.. u c what I ment now? heh

Also just saw a new vid, it seriously looks great im considering tryin or buying it! :)

Don't listen to dopefish, he is kinda slow and takes time to understand.

World of Warcraft is a much deeper and indepth game then Diablo 2. It has a bigger skill system and a lot more customization. its alot more slower then diablo 2, but more faster paced then other MMORPGs. You could solo or group up with other players whenever you want. It doesn't shove the whole grouping thing like other MMORPGs do. Because lets face it, grouping in a mmorpg sucks and takes way to much time.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I just made the purchase on Ebgames.com.:) I should have it next week sometime. My co-worker plays on the server ZUL-JIN, so I think I am going to play there as well. What server does everyone else play on?

Crashmaster007

Biohazard
Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
I Played for a few weeks then realized how much other stuff (game wise) i was missing out on. These games take a lot of time. Especally if you have power gamer friends like me. It's a good game, just hard to keep up.

]LoL[malkovich|mOO

laughing out loud !
Jan 24, 2001
Boston MA
Visit site
hey bba ,

when you get past level 10 as a priest and have talent points dont use them in holy spec , you will be a good enough healer as is until much later when you run into high level stuff and when you get there you can use your first cheap point respec to go holy if you want ... before then it will be much more useful to spend them in other things ... imho ...

Last edited:

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
BillyBadAss said:

Warriors are fine, and you'll never have trouble getting a group for instances. The people who talk about missing are dual-wielding (Gives an automatic 25% miss rate.) and should have played a rogue if they wanted to be a damage dealer.

Priests are fun and good as well. That said, Druids can heal as well as Priests, and in bear form can tank almost as well, and when specced for it can do as similar damage to a mage with spells, and in cat form can stealth, so if you really can't make up your mind, that's an option.

Your system might be kinda slow though, but it should be playable. It scales down extremely well.

I'm 'Trounced', a Troll Rogue on Mal'Ganis, in GOON SQUAD, and Alliance and especially Paladins are for nerds. You hear that? NERDS.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I am pretty sure I am going to play as a Night Elf Rougue now since they seem to be the damage dealers. Warriors are just ment to HP Gods it seems and are there to take the focus of the fight while everyone else deals most of the damage. I might make a priest later.

Ari, you do realize that being on the side of the Horde you will be questing with tons of "Mall Goths" with drama++ and angst+4 atributes.:p Though if you could most here from time to time some of the stupid stuff they say, I would be thoroughly entertained.:D

MattMacD

May 10, 2001
Andover, UK
I'm playing in the European beta... the main character I'm playing on is "Borantor" (from a random name generator :p), a night elf rogue. I've played other characters, as I played in the US open beta. I like the night elf rogue, it's fun being able to stealth and stuff. I've tried getting into a hunter as well, but it's not quite so easy for me to adapt to that style of play...

It'd be cool if I had someone to group with to do some of the quests - I'm really not good at the social interaction stuff, and not willing to group with complete strangers. But it'd probably be just as stressful grouping with someone from here, I'm practically a stranger here anyway. :p

]LoL[malkovich|mOO

laughing out loud !
Jan 24, 2001
Boston MA
Visit site
hey ari , tell me more about the nOOb sq ... err gOOn squad ... jk ... ;) ... there were tons of them on two different servers i had toons on , and yours would make a third ... they have a website ? just curious after seeing them around so much ...

you a dagger rogue ? i had a level 38 sword/mace rogue , loved it - he hit soooo freakin hard hehe ... played most of the classes past level 25 and several past 30 now , gotta say i liked the rogue the most ...

Last edited:

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
All the Alliance Goons are on Kel'Thuzad. There aren't so many of them, and a lot of them are leaving for greener pastures do to MMORPG drama. MMORPG drama, yes... hehe.

The majority of the Horde Goons are on Mal'Ganis. There are probably 800 of us between the three guilds. The website is www.wowgoons.com. There's not really anything on it, as far as I know. Before you ask, no, I'm not familiar with all the people in the guild, and in a lot of ways having such a large guild isn't so great. That said, there's always people to group with.

Anyway, I'm a 53 Rogue, I tend to use whatever weapon in my main hand that does the most damage, not the highest damage per second (DPS doesn't effect a lot of rogue skills.), for crazy Sinister Strike and Eviscerate damage. In my offhand I use a weapon with speed/stats for applying poisons. High DPS is nice, but it doesn't really matter. I use a macro to switch to daggers upon stealthing so I can use my ambush macro which ambushes then switches out, or cheap shot macro which does the same thing, or so on. I'm a Assassination/Combat spec, so that means I get 'Cold Blood' (Free critical hit on command.) and 'Seal Fate' (Whenever any ability that adds a combo point criticals I get an extra combo point.) and when I hit 60 I'll have 'Blade Flurry' (Attacks multiple adjacent targets.) for area of effect damage too.

I like my character a lot, but there are a lot of fun builds, and a lot of skills I'll miss out on. I may end up changing my spec to Subtlety so I'm more effective in high level instance groups, but we'll see. Right now I'm a damage machine, and I like it.

P.S. BBA, Alliance is for RPers and Night Elf homosexuals. Prepare to be bowed to anytime you trade anything to anyone, and people with names like 'Proudheart' and 'Honorbeard.' Plus, orcs can dance. You just watch those orcs go!

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
The only thing that might keep you out of WoW is the fact that it has nearly 700,000 accounts. And most of them are of the Diablo 2/starcraft variety. They are immature 12 year olds who mommy gave them the credit card and bought them this game for christmas.

When I get it i'm playing on the least populated server or just praying for a WoW emulator to come out. A emu isn't likely to happen though because blizzard has already shut down three emulators that were made during the beta. The truth is though they can only make empty legal threats, they have no ground to stand on with regards to emulators. I would love to see one for WoW though, but no one has the balls to make one anymore after what happened during the beta.

To prove my point, Ultima Online has over two dozen emulators, the emu community for that went to court four years ago and won against EA and Origin Systems. WON AGAINST EA. So blizzard doesn't have a chance in hell if they decide to sue anyone.

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
I doubt any of them play sports so you can pretty much guess that there are lots of gay boys and fat little pale-faced Wiccan girls on the servers who hate themselves and escape into virtual characters so they don't have to deal with their pathetic lives.

God, I love christians, they're so open-minded.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
novak said:
God, I love christians, they're so open-minded.

God, I love gullible people, they're so open-minded.

Yes landoverbaptist is a parody website. A damn good one too.