What The **** Is Wrong With You People!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
Ah yes, the ever-epic argument "books written by dead lunatics" versus "what actually has been tried and didn't suck".

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
It was the sheer uncontrolled capitalism that led to the collapse. It was also that same sheer uncontrolled capitalism that created the HUGE amount of resentment and turmoil in the workplace

Take a look around the eurganomic{SP?} working enviroment has you fooled. Ok sure the average workers inviroment has improved since the industrial revelution but it is still bad. How many employes have bad backs, RSI or eyestrain sue to a companys reluctance to spend a few pounds on better equipment - and no we are not talking thousands. We live in a socity that is now ruled by coperations not goverments .... if a large comapny, like for instance microsoft, break the law do they get punished? You know the answer is no. Comapanys dump pollution into towns water supplies and the goverment lets them, who cares right it not like the average worker has enough money to make a difference. We are still getting paid penuts for the amount of work put in, when was the last time anyone heared of a former low level worker getting a high level job? Our lives are under threat from companys from the moment we are boarn and no this is not a leftist rant it's fact the companies dont care how many people thay kill as long as the money paid out is less than the money saved. Companys make huge profits all they have done is given the sweatshops a new look.

I work to benefit me.

People that f ck themselves up and then need long term medical care at the NHS (i.e. my) expense are surely taking more than they contribute.

You make me sick ...... you'd really quibble over less than a pound a day out of your wages to save a persons life. take a look in the mirror, if you were in a car accident and the cost of putting you back together was more than you've "put in" should you be left to die. What abpout children, lets give them no medical help just because they havent started paying in to this mistical account. Get a life and think of someone other than yourself.
-How.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
You make me sick ......
:lol:

you'd really quibble over less than a pound a day out of your wages to save a persons life. take a look in the mirror, if you were in a car accident and the cost of putting you back together was more than you've "put in" should you be left to die. What abpout children, lets give them no medical help just because they havent started paying in to this mistical account.

My problem is with people who inflict poor health upon themselves.

I gave some specific examples of the kind of thing I mean.

My point about contributing related to Los Pescados reply to my previous post.

I don't work to keep people like George Best in livers, basically.

Get a life and think of someone other than yourself.

Why?

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site

Why not?
How much of your wages do you think gets spend on the NHS what a pound a week? wow one whole pound imagine what you could do with that. buy a whole sunday paper. What that pound worth in labour all of 10 mins? 10 mins of you time a week to help save a life. Of course the NHS has done nothing to you, it didn't provide the midwife that allowed you to enter the world. If you suddenly had a terminal illness I'm sure your outlook would change, but them by your set of rules you'd no longer be putting in enough money for it to be worth the NHS keeping you alive.
My problem is with people who inflict poor health upon themselves.

I gave some specific examples of the kind of thing I mean

No your problem is that your selfish, the small minority "abuse" have a underlying problem and the way to solve it is to get them help not to let them die in the gutter.
-How.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
spm1138 do you want people do like Defkon not so long ago on these boards are be affraid of seeing a doctor because it's too expensive? this sure would be fun! "sorry mister you only have 2 days to live, too bad, you should have come and see me earlier."
i'm never ill, i haven't broke any bone, i can't remember the last time i saw a doctor, yet i'm quite happy to give money to the state (and that other people do the same) because I may or may not need help some day.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
because I may or may not need help some day.

Yes.

This is why I am happy to pay six and a half hours of taxes (I can't find a % breakdown of what total government spending goes on. If you've got one, please post a link. The best I can find is the Wanless report and I can't be arsed reading through all that right at the moment) a week.

It's also why I would be happy to make whatever the equivalent provision would be without the NHS.

I don't try and pretend that makes me Mother Teressa. That's self interest not altruism.

your selfish

Yes, I am. What's wrong with that? Why is putting myself first a problem? Who else am I going to put first?

All I am saying is that as much as I reserve anyone's right to do anything that doesn't hurt someone else I think maybe people should be more responsible for the consequences of their actions.

The other month they were mooting a "contract" that a patient would sign with their doctor:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2958148.stm

They are also currently talking about giving a tax break to those who exercise:
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,9174,1001934,00.html

You may now get back to calling me names and vomiting at the sight of my posts.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
If you've got one, please post a link

No it was a guess probably even less than a hour a week then.

Yes, I am. What's wrong with that?

Whats so right about it. what about the poor are we now to stop helping them live just because its a burden on your wages. The only reason human beings have got so strong is due to the ability to work together. We need each other if it wasn't for these people helping you during your life you wouldn't have made it far. Your wage contributions fall well short of the costs of the real value of the care you recive. If you take your views to the logical conclusions you'd stop giving treatment to road accidents due to the fact it was their fault being in the car - and they do it repeatedly - the cheek.

What wrong with being selfish you ask well everything. We would be nothing if it wasn't for people working together as a team, that way when won benifits everyone benifits. No I'm sure you gonna come back with thats a selfish reason - not really people have given up thier lives for medical research and the like.

As for the links I was aware and nearly everyone in the medical trade is going to fight it tooth and nail as it goes against everything they stand for. For the goverment to say that is all well and good but what do you do with the people that break the contract? Are you really happy to let these people die? You brought up good old george best, he has a serious problem and no it's not the fact that his liver gave up. Due to goverment underspending theres not the facilitys to treat the real problem and thats the addiction not the side affects.

You may now get back to calling me names and vomiting at the sight of my posts.

I have not at any point called you any names so if your going to make comments like taht please at least check your facts, and its not the sight but the contents of the posts.
-how.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
The name calling comment was directed at Mickey.

Also, I wish you'd quit answering things that weren't actually in my posts.

There's obviously enough in what I am actually typing for you to get yourself worked up over without getting annoyed about things you think might be my views on a given subject.

what about the poor are we now to stop helping them live just because its a burden on your wages.

I know people who have screwing the benefits system down to a fine art. I'd chuckle if they starved.

Are you really happy to let these people die?

If they are going to die as a result of whatever they took out a contract not to do, then yes I would be against wasting more time and money treating them for it.

Especially when you're talking organ transplants. Donor organs are thin on the ground and I guess blood must be too (they're always asking for more of the stuff), so I really think they should prioritise people that these things aren't going to be wasted on.

I suppose George Best had quit drinking when he had the transplant so that probably wasn't a good example.

As for the links I was aware and nearly everyone in the medical trade is going to fight it tooth and nail

I posted the links as evidence that the general ****ty state of the nations health was getting to be a serious drain on the NHS. I presume the gov't wouldn't be talking about controversial stuff like this without good reason (mind you, the Tory's had the idea first).

and its not the sight but the contents of the posts

I find the thought of you reading my posts, getting red in the face then barfing very funny.

MetalMickey

Banned
Jul 30, 2000
Dublin
The name calling comment was directed at Mickey.

Hey bub, next time you knock out a one word reply intended not to add to an argument, but to irritate and provoke an emotional reaction, I will also call you a troll. Dork0.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Ok right lets agree to disagree I can't be bothered anymore your chidlish snipes are also getting thin on the ground. Let me sumerise I belive that all humans have the right to be helped medically and financially if needed, just because a few bad apples get more than they deserve dosen't mean the system should be stopped. We have enough resorces so that all people can go to bed at night with a full stomach and a healthy body ..... you gotta wonder why our goverments seem reluctant to work towards that goal.
-How.

MetalMickey

Banned
Jul 30, 2000
Dublin
you gotta wonder why our goverments seem reluctant to work towards that goal.

Why wonder? There is no political will for it among the voting populace. People like spm1138 are a case in point. Who and what do you think kept the Tories in power for all those years?

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
So someone is forced to help another human. Big deal. The alternative I posted and that you choosed to ignore would be worse.

BobTheFearlessFish

Jun 2, 2000
Nottingham, England
i think the NHS is a great idea. ****ed up at the moment. but a great idea:

you pay a tax, a percentage of your income. this theoretically means that you never pay more than you can afford. and for this among all the other stuff you get a very good health insurance deal. you may be a bit pissed off that if you dont claim on this insurance then somebody else will get the benefits. but is that not better than having it go to the insurance companies. who are, imo, thieving bastards. you pay a small amount for such good 'insurance cover'.

i think its great for ethical reasons mainly. but those who dont might want to look at it in terms of value for money.

Last edited: