Lost Secrets of Na Pali (Total Conversion)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
FXD|Shadow said:
hehe thx^^
but why didn't you expect it ?
Because I think a lot of mod teams are just enthousiastic and want too much in a mod, and because it doesnt really work out, their progress slowly bleeds to death, and the mod become's cancelled.

I was surprised (in a positive way) that you posted updates and screenshots from new work.

I very respect that you guys are making this mod, and I really believe we are getting the content that you promised.

Keep it up! :) :tup:

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
thank you very much ;)
the basic thing is to get the so called "red line" or "red thread" (hope you know this idiom) and then pull togther on this line and not gonna loose it and also cheering up the members, managing them and all that stuff^^
we really try to show new stuff without longer periods of silence

timmypowergamer

Jul 6, 2004
I must say those screenshots look fantastic. ANd the fact that you have done all of this using only Uscript is incredible.

One of the things that piqued my interest was the MP3 and OGG support. I knew that UT and the Galaxy sound system already support MP3s, but I didnt think it were possible to use it as level music in UT99 without making some sort of custom .dll to import it into unrealed. So im curious how you plan to do it, and also if I would be allowed to port it over to my mod (Team MonsterHunt)

The new graphical improvements are incredible too, and i cant way to see them in action. Good luck with this and keep at it!

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
timmypowergamer, not everything in uc, that would be nearly impossible, let me show the differences =)

C++ is:
- mp3/ogg support and dolby digital
- bloom and radial blur
- distance fog

UC is:
- small physic enhancements (not that spectacular..)
- sprite beams (draws light beams similar to Unreal2 or Half Life2)
- emitters (no description required)
- lensflares and dynamic coronas (coronas are movable, triggerable can change color and so on || the "famous" lensflares will make also their appearence in cut-scences)
- trees&foliage (bushes, trees etc.)
- skin illumination fx (weapon, deco and creature overlayers for example with detail textures, hit effects, glowing eyes)
- advanced decals/projectors (decals that can dynamicly moved, scaled, rotated, revolutated, blink, flicker and so on)
- Level Memory System (a system that stores automaticly actual state of map when you change a level, if you return everything has stayed like the moment you left it)

The ability of having high-res texes is not our work for example and footstep sounds/material relative events are just a standard.

To the music support:
The OpenAL/FMod dlls load and play the new formats "not" UT itself, you put teh file in the music directory and enter the name in the player-actor.

Everyone will be allowed to use all stuff made by us for own fresh new UT99 mods, as long as you have our permission and I see there no reason to put that **** behind closed doors once we released^^

and also thx to all who already showed interested by posting and commenting here

Last edited:

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
FXD|Shadow said:
hm it's maybe a bit confusing I agree, I should write in the moddb profile which is which..
oh I have nearly forgotten something, we've again new pic material, but today I'm too lazy at all to show it ^^
Laziness is the bane of excistence, remember what Thomas Jefferson said, “Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.”

Yes, so there, show us. >_>

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
Wulff said:
Laziness is the bane of excistence, remember what Thomas Jefferson said, “Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.”

Yes, so there, show us. >_>
argh you got me dude..^^
k here are some:

2 screenies of FXD|Creavion's map (ignore teh old hud..):

Nali Harbour Town Concept:

shamans Woodplants:

Humanbase by me (not yet finished):

Last edited:

timmypowergamer

Jul 6, 2004
Wulff said:

True. But what about "Hard work pays off later, but lazyness pays off NOW" ;)

lol, im j/k. nice looking shots there. I especially like that concept drawing, looks very professional. Who drew it?

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
FXD|Shadow said:
small ?
640x408 and 1024x768 isn't that small ? don't know which big monitor you have if you think thats "small" ^^
1280 x 800 is what my screen is set at, UT runs at that same size, call me spoiled.

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
FXD|Shadow said:
1280x800 and 1024x768 is a big difference, shall I make screenshots in a size of 320x240 ? o_O
I don't really understand you, 1024x768 is ok and normal size
BUT.. let's stay at the main topic, LSoNP.

1024 x 768, isn't that big a difference no, but, I like seeing stuff in detail, the bigger the size, the more I can see, simple as that. Don't misjudge me on that.