UE1 - UT Adding custom head gear - possible?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

vitamin

Jul 8, 2013
To be more precise, I'd like to use gas mask as additional head gear to player's outfit for Infiltration mod. Right now, there are some balaclavas, rags, bonnie hat and helmet available. So I'm guessing that adding gas masks would be also possible. But I have no idea how to do it? Would anyone help me please with this?

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
hmmm... it would involve rewriting quite a bit of UnrealScript code that handles the existing gear because unlike the newer Unreal Engine versions (which allow you to attach 'things' to specific bones in the base animated skeletal mesh models), the older UT version required you to create a separate model of the gear bound to the same skeletal mesh as the player pawn's model and then manage its animations in the same way.

Actually if I recall correctly, the "gear" in INF's player models were all part of the same model (when you selected gear it just switched out the whole model). That being said, the weapons on the player model backs were rigged to the same skeleton as the player model so you might be able to do something similar assuming you were able to get your hands on a working version of the source player model skeleton (good luck on that though, I heard that the original player model source art work was lost on a harddrive crash or something which is part of the reason the INF team never bothered trying to port it to the newer Uengine versions...)