INF Coop server with Unreal (I) maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you play on an INF Coop Server running all maps from Unreal and Unreal:RTNP ?

• Yes. I would even buy Unreal/RTNP in order to play. (Cheap on eBay or Amazon)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes and I already own Unreal and RTNP.

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No. But I would if you use maps which are freely available (e.g.Operation Na Pali)

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • No.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
That being said, I wouldn't mind playing some of the Operation NaPali maps in Inf .

Crowze is there a way to get it to laod inf weapons on the first map Map01eVOLVE. The problem i the intro is embedded in the map and if you play the intro it loads the unreal weapons. Same goes for all community maps. Don't include intro in map cycle.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
@Stinkmarder:
I think it is the level called "extremedgen", where the room get a crash and turnes in all white smoke (actually shouldn't be), if possible make that the map will be end, no matter if the players are spawned in the right room. Let's say you build a time limit, so after 30 sec it ends. Skipping it should not be imo, keep the "story" fluid.

About the spawn mutator. x4 vs. one player isnt so good, you beat it, but you die to often as it is good. So is it possible to have a flexible spawn mutator system? 1 - 2 players get x2, 3 - 4 get x3, over 4 get x4.

Nov 19, 2004
I believe stinkmarder is busy with Real-Life(tm) so there hasn't been much work done on the coop server this last week.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Stink, could you upload here the .u and .int of the file that manages this coop gametype (its INFCoopUnreal20060502.u and its .int and .ini)???
I´ve been playing it offline, but some maps require the scuba gear, and other UT gears) and some maps crash when loading the next... thanxs in advance! ;-)

Did you succeed in loading Operation NaPali maps this way? I just get a missing object message..XP

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Operation Na Pali uses special tranaslator code to open up doores so I don't know if it's going to work right.I couldn't get past the first door because there's no way to input the code.

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
Update:
- installed UTCompass, removed other compass
- updated WP to 1.5

--
RTNP (patched to latest version!) should work with INF.
ONP would need a lot of work.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Stink, can you PM the .int and .u of the mutator you use for the COOP (INFCoopUnreal20060502 or something) so I can play it efectively offline as well?
THX in advance... how did you manage to use the RTNP maps??? I typed wrong above, I was refering to RTNP missions, not ONP missions (that I get missing objects message if I try to load in INF its maps the same way it works for vanilla Unreal maps..)

Look at the pics bellow: thats the message I got when type:

open Velora.unr?game=INF_GameTypes.INFg_CoopGame

{:-(

Attachments

• Shot0000.jpg
    Shot0000.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
@Stinkmarder:
Real Targets

Can you ban Helmets and maybe even Armor Vests? It's not like we are in the Iraq war, or in a SWAT hostage rescue situation, where operatives would wear the protections. It is more of a Special Force, or Survival thing.
Not that it is so important, just for aestetics... which is, important.
Maybe replace helmets by boonies, or simply no head gear.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I'd have to disagree with you.

Special forces use helmets all the time. I think you're confusing the hollywood potrayal of Special forces with reality. Granted the unreal maps aren't exactly "as real as it gets" but I think the freedom to choose what you bring in and to wear whatever you want makes the unreal and real mix that much sweeter.

Just my opinion really.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
At least with ourselfs, so shooting 30 cm near a mate wont hit him.

@chukus:
If you were on an adventure, exploration and survival trip, moving through different locations, for day long periods, swimming, "solving riddles", would you wear a helmet and maybe an armor vest all the time? Doubtful.
I think you confuse SF works in afghanistan, with what we got here in unreal :D.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I'm with psycho on the RT matter : it's very important to have an accurate hit detection system when you're shooting alongside your teammates in narrow passages.

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
Soldiers take normally everything with them they need. As it is possible that fights will occur they would take their helmet with them. I'd rather go a little bit slower and make more pauses than to die in a firefight because I was too lazy to take the helmet and kevlar vest with me. And if you have to cross a dangerous river you will enjoy the usefullness of ropes ...
Why do you think Special Forces have to train to go 50km with 50kg or even more? And I doubt you have to move more in Unreal. ;)
In fact I assume that between the maps you have time to make a new base, to sleep ... ;)

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
If you were on an adventure, exploration and survival trip, moving through different locations, for day long periods, swimming, "solving riddles", would you wear a helmet and maybe an armor vest all the time? Doubtful.
I think you confuse SF works in afghanistan, with what we got here in unreal

THat's what all special forces units train for. That's mainly why they are special. They'll do things that you and I think are impossible and they'll do it without so much as a grunt.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
@Stinkmarder:
You should install the IWE G36KD3DFix. It seems not to work offline, but online. This fix defines a further position of the G36K reflex sight from the view, eliminating the D3D glitch and make it better to use in NV.