UE3 - UDK Importing Fonts (First Post Hello BeyondUnreal)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

unrealtl

Jul 4, 2010
Hello BeyondUnreal Users

I'm trying to import Unicode fonts and I'm having troubles with specifying multiple Unicode ranges.
I'm trying to import an Arabic font for showing some text during game play historical & testing purposes but the results I'm getting are bad (for a 16 bit Unicode support engine) I'm getting splatted reversed characters I've been experiencing for a while and I learned maybe importing more Unicode range will help me, info on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_Unicode_block im inserting 600-6FF in unicode range to import but the results look bad. Help Plz

Well You Can See Them Below I lunch UDK then from content browser -> new font -> choose font-> segoe ui -> 16 -> script :arabic -> ok -> specify uincode range : 600-6FF -> ok -> type in preview تجربة and get an incorrect render with characters not beign joined and the direction is reversed

Attachments

• Choosing Font.GIF
    Choosing Font.GIF
    69.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Importing Font 1.GIF
    Importing Font 1.GIF
    87.9 KB · Views: 30
  • result.GIF
    result.GIF
    150.9 KB · Views: 30
  • correct render.GIF
    correct render.GIF