HELP! read-only is wrecking my projects!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

N°tAdm¡n

Dec 14, 2005
currently at this moment i can't save my map that im working on. ive been working on it all day and ive come so far to suddenly find that UED wont save because the file is "read-only", even though it hasnt been all day! ive gone in and unchecked the boxes that strangely made themselves read only on their own. and they re-set themselves back to read-only instantly! i reaaaly dont wont to close this project (custom tex, static meshes), are in the mylevel package. and i cant even save the packages because they to are read-only! please please please if you have the remedy to my sickness reply to this instantly...my UED has been open for the last hour, im afraid to close my map and lose a whole hell of a lot of work.

Edit: Issue solved, sorry. go ahead and delete this post or do your thing.

Last edited:

N°tAdm¡n

Dec 14, 2005
i tried to save as, still didnt work.
i found out that the problem was a texture file i renamed to mylevel was from a read-only package. i removed it from the map and duplicated it. no biggie.