Voodoo3 3000 UT tweak question...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TD|BooGiTyBoY

Dust Collector
Jan 28, 2001
Right over there...
www.unreality.org
When i go into my preferences and mess with my 3dfx glide options... what should i have the refresh rate set for? Default is 60 mhz
But in my 3dfx tools the refresh rates are set for "optimal" and the highest setting is like 140mhz. That is what is confusing me....
My system is a gateway pentium3 500 with the afore-mentioned voodoo3 3000 AGP, 196 mb's Ram.
Thankie!

Ferd

«]§ß[»
Dec 21, 2000
Argentina
Visit site
i think that if the v-sync is off...... a refresh rate of 100000000hz won´t damage the monitor..... cos it doesn´t matter........ i think

LLLola

Experienced
Jun 2, 2000
Visit site
Does UT change the framerate?

I've got UT set to 85MHz, but my monitor reports 75. No matter what, it doesn't seem to budge.

I suspect that UT's settings are being overridden by the videocard drivers (3dfx) or DirectX.

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
Most monitors can do much more than the spec. Newest drivers for my monitor let me go beyond 1600x1200 even though as a standard windows monitor that setting is not there.

Always worth checking monitor drivers - plug and play gives you basic functionality, is all.

Survey_Says

Anonymous-Like
Oct 30, 2000
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by TD|BooGiTyBoY
Well i disabled v-sync and set my refresh up to 120 and benchmarked my UT with the cityintro.unr
average fps b4 changes was 32.5 fps
average fps AFTER changes was 47.9 fps!!!
woot woot!

Wow, no love. Aren't you glad you took my advice... :D