Some Help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Esoxx

Lurker
Feb 26, 2001
Wisconsin
Visit site
New to UT downloaded 436, been playing alone would like to play others. Any do's or don'ts? Anything else besides 436 to load that would be helpful? What should I be looking for as far as a game? Not all that familiar with what's going on. Any particular site for newcomers until experience builds (besides alone). Is this even the forum to be asking these questions?
Some experienced help would be nice

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Welcome to PuF

I'm not sure if you have GOTY, but goto http://www.planetunreal.com/files and get all 4 Bonuspacks.

Then connect to our chat channel at irc.enterthegame.com #planetunreal
You will always find helpfull people there. You can also ask for a 1on1 there or just have fun chatting

As for server to play on:
That depends on your location (Euro/US) and what you like (DM/CTF/DOM/...)

Dos and donts:
Difficult, but just play fair, don't spam,spawnkill, and pistonncamp and everything will be fine.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
And don't be whiney online. I would rather be spawnsniped than hear, "BS, that shot was luck! F U you **** ****** ***** *** ******"

You are in the right place :) Welcome to PuF (Planetunreal Forums).

Esoxx

Lurker
Feb 26, 2001
Wisconsin
Visit site
Thanks,
What is spam, spawnkill, pistonncamp? What do you mean by goty,told you I was new to all this.

So getting the 4 bonus packs will also help. Are they maps?

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
Dinae Mensa, Tharsis Regio
namu.free.fr
spam = bullsh!t repeatedly thrown at everyone until they get pissed off
spawnkill = fire continuously at where players respawn to get easy kills (and make ennemies real fast)
pistoncamp = getting your hammer charged and camping while staring at a teleporter so that when somebody teleports in he gets gibbed.
I don't tell you this so you can do it yourself, this is a warning. People who do these are lame (llamas) this is just a proof of their own weakness.
Also you should avoid killing your own team's members. And don't ever download something called Aimbot or Justicebot, as it is a powerful virus that will turn all your friends against you and get you banned from many servers ;)
Don't hesitate to ask for tricks, there are many, and anybody here will eagerly teach them to you.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
GOTY is the Game Of The Year edition of UT. It came out recently and has some of the bonus packs and stuff. We thought you might have that version because you are new. There is nothing in the GOTY that you can't download for free from the internet, so don't feel bad if you bought UT before GOTY came out. If you are "borrowing" a copy from a friend, its ok if you are just trying it out. But if you start playing it a lot please go out and buy a copy. Its really worth the money and Epic deserves it. Besides, they will just use the cash to make even more cool games :)

Click on the "mulitplayer" tab, the click on "find internet games" then click on "chat". Put "irc.enterthegame.com" in the box labeled "server" and "#planetunreal" in the box labeled channel. Then click "connect". It will take you to the chat room where people from this forum like to hang out. From there we can find games together, so you can play with people who won't yell at you if you make mistakes while you are learning. :)