Lego parts?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get the small white rubberbands that come with the Lego Star Wars X-Wing Starfighter (9493) and Lego Ninjago Cole's Tread Assault (9444)? My son lost them and we don't know where to get any more. They really need to supply more of these in the sets.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Poor soul. I told my wife not to buy any of these toys for our boys and she did. My new rule is simple: If I step on it, it goes into the trash. Lego is wildly smart to create these sets with specialized components. My wife is the sucker. She'll buy another new set to make up for a missing piece and smile at me when she does it. I smile throwing the pieces away knowing she'll never get another nice piece of jewelry from me while we play this fun game of stubbornness. I always win because "I is more smarter" than is. LOL. I figure I'll break even and she won't have any nice jewelry to show for it. At least the kids are happy right? Yeah! LOL.

Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
WTH Hermskii? Lego's build motor skills, mechanical knowledge, problem solving, and make a great distraction... I woke up yesterday and my son had built an army of 8-bit Marios on his desk after school. Kinda cool IMO.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
I freaking love legos. Hell, legos got me into level design, web design, art, 3d modelling, troubleshooting, and more. If it weren't for legos, well.. What a sad would we'd live in.

And Hermskii, be glad it's legos and not erector sets. Those things are MURDER.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
Poor soul. I told my wife not to buy any of these toys for our boys and she did. My new rule is simple: If I step on it, it goes into the trash. Lego is wildly smart to create these sets with specialized components. My wife is the sucker. She'll buy another new set to make up for a missing piece and smile at me when she does it. I smile throwing the pieces away knowing she'll never get another nice piece of jewelry from me while we play this fun game of stubbornness. I always win because "I is more smarter" than is. LOL. I figure I'll break even and she won't have any nice jewelry to show for it. At least the kids are happy right? Yeah! LOL.

:/

such a great dad.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I think I normally do a pretty good job resisting the "no personal attacks" on this forum but, you're an idiot.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
she'll never get another nice piece of jewelry from me

Beached-White-Male-Newsweek.png

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Haha, instead of jumping on the Hermskii Hate Wagon, I'll just ask you guys, what about Blockland or Minecraft? :D

As much as I loved Legos as a kid, imo they are extremely outdated and useless and are NOT a substitute for outdoor activity. You probably learn more stuff from playing Minecraft or other creative video games than Legos. :eek:

Last edited:

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Next! What? That is all? Really? Ya'll are getting soft. Raise your hand when you have walked a mile in my shoes. What? Nobody? OK then. I'll file 13 all of your concerns! Thank you and have a nice day.

No I'm just kidding. I will take your statements into consideration and already agree with many of them. Take for instance the building motor skills excuse; I agree. I will be getting my wife nice jewelry again too at some point. I had just discussed it with her the other day in fact. We were robbed blind a few years ago and they not only took the jewelry but they took the whole box and our luggage and everything. She deserves nice stuff too but I can't afford it while she continues to disregard my financial concerns and keeps buying these damn lego kits every time she leaves the house.

The kids can't even build these kits yet and I'm not going to rebuild them each time one of my boys drops one which is constantly. I warned her before she got them that I would not keep rebuilding them for the kids and she got them anyways. The kids get the kits mixed together and it is all over then. LOL. No. I don't feel bad for my decision. I should say she could get plenty more nice things if she would just stop wasting money. She buys more toys than we need or can even manage to find a place to put away.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Haha, instead of jumping on the Hermskii Hate Wagon, I'll just ask you guys, what about Blockland or Minecraft? :D

As much as I loved Legos as a kid, imo they are extremely outdated and useless and are NOT a substitute for outdoor activity. You probably learn more stuff from playing Minecraft or other creative video games than Legos. :eek:
What it boils down to is that the dexterity required to use a computer is MUCH higher than the dexterity required to build with Legos. My son has been building things with his Legos since he was around 4. He couldn't use a computer worth anything until he was 5 or 6, and even then not good enough to control a guy running around the screen or knowing how to function with the ridiculous complexity of Minecraft. Legos are simple and right in front of you. There is no question (in general) that you can take piece A and attach it to piece B.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I never know what I'm doing in Minecraft. The time it would take to build something interesting in that game for me is so huge that I can't even function in there and I never have any interesting idea of what to build either. With Legos, you just use what you have.
The kids can't even build these kits yet and I'm not going to rebuild them each time one of my boys drops one which is constantly. I warned her before she got them that I would not keep rebuilding them for the kids and she got them anyways. The kids get the kits mixed together and it is all over then.
This is such horrible reasoning that I cannot even fathom it. We buy big sets for my son every once in a while and help him build them. Then, he inevitably destroys them and gets the pieces mixed in with all the other sets we bought him. Then he takes all those pieces and uses some real ingenuity and creativity to build things that HE wants to build. There is a massive amount of value in encouraging this kind of creativity.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
This is such horrible reasoning that I cannot even fathom it. We buy big sets for my son every once in a while and help him build them. Then, he inevitably destroys them and gets the pieces mixed in with all the other sets we bought him. Then he takes all those pieces and uses some real ingenuity and creativity to build things that HE wants to build. There is a massive amount of value in encouraging this kind of creativity.

This.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
My kids get busy with the mixed up kits of legos for sure. They do this everywhere in the house and my wife is always in such a hurry to do stuff that she lets them leave them there as they go on to the next project. My dogs will chew up a few pieces and then the kids can't build the original kit anymore and want a new one. She gets it for them.

To answer JSR: My wife is a beautiful, highly skilled and successful Lead Production Assistant at a major company here in Houston that serves as a corporate real-estate intermediary company. She's currently completing her 4th year of college now and maintains a 4.0 average. We borrowed tons of money so she could go to school to learn to be a school teacher where she will make far less money than she currently makes. We will be in major debt again BUT this is what she wants and I want her to have what she wants so I have supported this effort completely.

Thus, the "financial concerns" I spoke of earlier and how mad I get when she continues to re-buy the same kits to make up for lost, broken or chewed pieces. LOL. I love my wife to death but every wife drives every husband mad in some way at some point for some reason. The legos are my button and she likes pushing it! LOL.

Last edited:

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
My kids get busy with the mixed up kits of legos for sure. They do this everywhere in the house and my wife is always in such a hurry to do stuff that she lets them leave them there as they go on to the next project. My dogs will chew up a few pieces and then the kids can't build the original kit anymore and want a new one. She gets it for them.

To answer JSR: My wife is a beautiful, highly skilled and successful Lead Production Assistant at a major company here in Houston that serves as a corporate real-estate intermediary company. She's currently completing her 4th year of college now and maintains a 4.0 average. We borrowed tons of money so she could go to school to learn to be a school teacher where she will make far less money than she currently makes. We will be in major debt again BUT this is what she wants and I want her to have what she wants so I have supported this effort completely.

Thus, the "financial concerns" I spoke of earlier and how mad I get when she continues to re-buy the same kits to make up for lost, broken or chewed pieces. LOL. I love my wife to death but every wife drives every husband mad in some way at some point for some reason. The legos are my button and she likes pushing it! LOL.

get rid of the dog.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get the small white rubberbands that come with the Lego Star Wars X-Wing Starfighter (9493) and Lego Ninjago Cole's Tread Assault (9444)? My son lost them and we don't know where to get any more. They really need to supply more of these in the sets.

Bricklink.com :)

I also recently realized I had lost the same elastic bands, weird huh.
Also, they usually do include an extra one.

Dude?
How do you learn anything from Minecraft that you wouldn't learn from Lego. And you can use Lego outside. And in groups with others which encourages social development.

Also Legos is not a proper word :(

But Hermskii it doesn't matter that she gets the same sets again, the children will still have the extra pieces to make other things.

Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Lego rocks. hands down. I still had some of my old builds (functionality tests for things i wish to build full scale) till my son found them when we were moving here too Waco. Then the jig was up.