So who's buying Crysis 2?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Are you buying Crysis 2? Did you Pirate it?

• Total voters

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
So a word of warning. This game requires some hurdles to jump through to get MP working at least. SP seemed to run just fine.

Weird bugs where legit CD keys are considered to be invalid for online play, but a bogus key, like changing one letter or number of your legit key lets you play online. LOL WUT? Then you can go back and change your bogus key back to your legit key to continue to play online.

Also this game hates two screens. on my office machine I can't play this game. The mouse keeps going over to the second monitor, causing me to alt+tab out when I want to go for a kill. Same issue as with the demo.

Other games I play on dual screens work fine and don't do this bull****. The mouse stays in the primary display.

What I played of SP seemed cool, graphics are top notch. I'd rather play this on my home machine with a single widescreen monitor not deal with the alt+tab bug.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Well I was actually quite pleasantly surprised by the MP demo.

Got some generic parts to it (that feel very CoD'ish)- but the movement system is fun and I liked the balancing you have to do with the suit meter between offensive and defensive.

I hear the campaign is meant to be around 20 hours long too, which is nice and lengthy and a rarity with all these 6 hour campaigns you tend to get now.

Seeing as there was a good chance that I was going to like the full game I wasn't going to play that leaked version and ruing my SP fun :p

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I hear the campaign is meant to be around 20 hours long too, which is nice and lengthy and a rarity with all these 6 hour campaigns you tend to get now.

From the internal beta leak, the campaign is about 6-8 hours long non stop on Veteran difficulty (One difficulty down to the hardest). Crysis 2 campaign has been the best shooter campaign I've played in a while. There's very few vehicle parts, it's all down to on-foot combat in urban environments.

You approach a location, most of the time you will see tactical opportunities. For instance, one will icon-show 'Stealth', meaning you can approach the enemy in a stealth fashion (this scenario is good for stealth action basically, whereas in some other scenarios it won't be). Or you can take a rear turret and get a rampage on.

It sounds really silly, but it's just the way that they've put it, it's sometimes more fun than just guns blazing. There's already lots of that anyway.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
IGN and Gamespot reviews are in and guess what? OH thats right they reviewed the console versions and haven't written up a proper pc review yet. But don't worry they will just copy paste like every other ****ing professional reviewer out there and give it the same score. Seriously pay me what they are getting paid and I will review it CORRECTLY.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1156893p1.html

o why isn't there a PC review up yet?
Well, because as of 6:00 PM PST on March 21st (the day before release), we haven't had access to a full, reviewable build of the game. It's IGN's policy to play through reviewable code of each version of a game before a review can go live on the site. Though Crysis 2 is content identical on Xbox 360, PS3, and the PC, we can't just assume they'll play the same. I spent time with a demonstration build courtesy of Nvidia at the Crysis 2 review event in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago, but this wasn't confirmed for me as a reviewable version of the game, and there were some various technical issues, including hard crashes.

We want to be as fair to every game that comes into IGN as possible. In this case, I made the call that I needed to play through as final a version of Crysis 2 on PC as possible. This means we have to wait to put up our review for it, and I'm sorry about that. If you can't wait to know about the game, whether I liked it, whether it's fun, you can check out my review for the Xbox 360 version of the game here. If that sounds like a good time to you, and you have the PC to run it, the PC version is the way to go, Xbox Live- friends list notwithstanding.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Not going to support yet another CoD clone.
I have only played Crysis/Warhead... would you call those CoD clones?

IGN and Gamespot reviews are in and guess what? OH thats right they reviewed the console versions and haven't written up a proper pc review yet. But don't worry they will just copy paste like every other ****ing professional reviewer out there and give it the same score. Seriously pay me what they are getting paid and I will review it CORRECTLY.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis-2/news.html?sid=6305145&tag=newsfeatures;title;1

Where the heck are the Crysis 2 PC and PS3 Reviews?

As you may have noticed, we have posted our Crysis 2 review--but only for the Xbox 360 version. Now, you may be saying to yourself, "Hey GameSpot! This is a sequel to an awesome PC game. What about the PC version? And for that matter, what about the PlayStation 3?"

As it happens, there was a Crysis 2 review event where we and other members of the press were invited to play the game for review in a controlled setting. As you may know, we don't attend review events, because we feel that we should play games just like you would: using our own televisions and our own systems, and without interacting with game publishers or developers during the experience. While we've asked multiple times for review code for Crysis 2, we have yet to receive any other version but the Xbox 360 version--and we received that on Friday, four days before the game's release.

I finished the game on Saturday and have spent lots of time in multiplayer, so we went ahead and posted the review for the version we were sent. However, as of this writing, we still haven't received the other versions. In fact, we were specifically asked if we needed to play those versions before posting reviews. (Of course, the answer is always an emphatic yes!) I've already purchased and downloaded the PC version from Steam and will purchase the PS3 version today if we don't receive it in the mail. I didn't want anyone to think we were intentionally slighting the other platforms or ignoring them. Unfortunately, this is a frequent occurrence. We are commonly sent only a single version of a game for review--sometimes just a few days in advance of release and sometimes not at all. I wish we could have had a review of every version up at the same time, but I wanted to reassure you that I'm working on it, and we will post those reviews as soon as we're ready to deliver our final word.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Ranbowjo doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, even though he may have played the demo (I'm clearly assuming he hasn't anyway). He's mostly upset with games that encourage people running around with knives, if that game is having these mechanics, it's probably a CoD clone.

Jump, crouch, aim down the sights... WOW, INSTA COD CLONE.
I played them all, and so I did play the Crysis 2 demo and Leak, it's nothing like a COD. The game mechanics can be compared, but the game feel can't.

Military dudes who run around at 4 miles per hour, wounded, bleeding out, no running around with insta knife kills, IRAN/IRAQ scenarios, OMG... THAT ROCKS SIMULATION BEST GAME BUY.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland

Absolutely not, Crysis and Warhead were brilliant games. They had their faults, being a new IP with an interesting new control scheme, but over all they were great. Not what I'd call a CoD clone.

edittydidoo:

Ranbowjo doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, even though he may have played the demo (I'm clearly assuming he hasn't anyway). He's mostly upset with games that encourage people running around with knives, if that game is having these mechanics, it's probably a CoD clone.

Jump, crouch, aim down the sights... WOW, INSTA COD CLONE.
I played them all, and so I did play the Crysis 2 demo and Leak, it's nothing like a COD. The game mechanics can be compared, but the game feel can't.

Military dudes who run around at 4 miles per hour, wounded, bleeding out, no running around with insta knife kills, IRAN/IRAQ scenarios, OMG... THAT ROCKS SIMULATION BEST GAME BUY.

I played the demo for about 30 minutes.

Here was the impression I got:
People instagib you with cloak+shotgun.
People run around by them selves, no team work at all.
Spawn points are terrible.
Maps are about the size of Shipment (CoD4 map).
The nanosuit is nothing like the original Crysis and completely removes the feel of being a unique super soldier. In the demo it felt more like you were just some strong people who would do some cool stuff.
It felt exactly like playing CoD again. Run around by yourself, gun down some dudes, die, spawn right next to an enemy, shoot him, run around a bit again.
After playing for 30 minutes I quit the game because I found it incredibly boring, and figured I'd have more fun playing CoD4 than this crap.

Here's what I want in a game:
Something that provides a good platform for clans.
Something that requires teamwork.
Bigger maps.
More players.
Vehicles.
Crysis 2 is a prime example of the regurgitated horseshit that has absolutely no depth, that we have seen so much of lately. I will not pay money for that. I would not even play it if I were given it for free.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis-2/news.html?sid=6305145&tag=newsfeatures;title;1

Where the heck are the Crysis 2 PC and PS3 Reviews?

I will believe it when I see it gentleman. IGN and Gamespot are notorious for copy pasta. If anything that is just a release statement to shut up the people who don't know any better.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I don't think that's correct. I know they do copy/paste a large portion of the text for reviews across platforms, but that's just because they are the same game. It wouldn't make sense to write three completely separate reviews. They almost always make a point to call out differences for each in that case and a platform reviewed is always played. Both of them also write reviews for games that are PC exclusive.

I've seen games that were well-reviewed and others that were not, so I do understand your perspective. I just don't think it's as simple as out-and-out fraud.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Another fail. AVG thinks Crysis 2 is a virus on my home machine, when trying to install from steam.

Nice one... did Crytek forget how to make a PC game? :360:

Sorry, but that's your and AVG's fail. :p

After a recent update with AVG, it throws up warnings on a bunch of Steam games.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Pirated it. Game ran pretty damn good on max settings on an i7-960 and GF9800GT combo. Lasted around 8-9 hours.

It sure aint' for **** a 'Crysis' game, but it was worth the preorder.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
I'm not going to bother buying it or pirating it. I wasn't impressed by the first one, and games these days seem to get shorter and shorter. Besides, there's no point in me wasting $60 for a game that comes with annoying DRM and would only last me a week at most.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
I don't buy Crysis 2, just because I prefer to play much better games, which I know, they are good and make a lot of fun. In case of Crysis 2, I don't know anything, except is supposes to be better than Crysis. Anyway, I love playing Unreal, StarCraft and other games much more than this one. Perhaps I try to get it, when it is pretty cheap, but otherwise, I don't give a damn about it!

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Firstly, it is very, very clear that the game has had to pander to console hardware restrictions. That's why all the levels are generally perfectly linear corridors, and really short.

Secondly, comments such as the one coming from this genius make me laugh:
Why must you be chronically ignorant, Jim? The PC version has controller button prompts when you boot it, and it would rather you use a 360 controller than a mouse. It even says "PRESS START" with the 360 start button on the title screen when you boot the game.

But hey, just keep calling us elitists and saying we do no research. It helps your sensationalism.

Duh. You're playing a pirated development build. Your comment is null and void.