New interview- CTF-Face will be in UT2007

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BadAss84

BadAss[zero]
May 21, 2003
UK
Oh great, face, again :rolleyes:

Only thing i can say is i hope they don't put it in the demo, that was one of the dumbest things they ever did with 2k4 imo, cause none of the ut99 players ever had to buy the game to play it.

Torvec

GL, HF, AND DIE!!!!
Feb 2, 2006
Southeast, USA
Anyone who enjoyed the previous incarnation will immediately be able to start playing and having fun. Where we’re innovating is a vastly increased roster of vehicles compared to UT2004, new types of objectives during the match, and even persistence results between individual maps.

odd, that last bit sounds like what they said about warfare/conquest last time....bah, i'm just gonna wait till E3 for them to give us any solid information, these interviews are just making things more confusing...

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
=Vector= said:
odd, that last bit sounds like what they said about warfare/conquest last time....bah, i'm just gonna wait till E3 for them to give us any solid information, these interviews are just making things more confusing...

Yeah, they keep going back and forth on certain info. Maybe we'll hear something new this week during GDC. The GDC Expo is Wednesday and Thursday.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
I take it that bit about all the maps taking place on the same planet is wrong...
Unless they were only talking about one gamemode, I dunno Im getting more confused myself.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
MonsOlympus said:
I take it that bit about all the maps taking place on the same planet is wrong...
Unless they were only talking about one gamemode, I dunno Im getting more confused myself.

I think most of what they talked about last year is now different. The only persistant info is new movement and weapons tweaks, the gametype and map info keeps changing. Oh well, in about 6 weeks we'll start all over again with new speculations. :D

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Ok so Im gonna be annoying, if its ctf-face....
Will it be lightning gun or sniper rifle.... :lol:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Spending 20 minutes dodging boring as **** snipers is NOT FUN.

OK, I'm just got to copy-paste what I wrote in the News thread, because it says pretty much everything I feel about CTF-Face.

Selerox said:
I'm less than impressed about this, mainly on ther basis that there are far, far better maps that could be remade. CTF-Grendelkeep for instance.

Remaking Deck I can understand, remaking Torlan I can understand. They were/are good maps. Face was crap the first time around, and it's not gotten any better. The only version that meant a damn was the original, and that was due to the stupid, stupid UT99 sniper rifle.

If they hadn't remade Face not a whole lot of people would have cared, and even if they did care, they could have understodd the reason. There are maps that people will care if they're not included, but I'd put money on Epic not noticing.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Spending 20 minutes dodging boring as **** snipers is NOT FUN.
Agreed, I do have a soft spot for face and face classic but I would like to see a bit more of a spin on it....

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Its in their to keep the people who like it happy.
For people who don't like Face, stop complaining and look forward to playing the other maps, there will be plenty to choose from, especially once the modders come into play.
I for one hope they bring back Face3, as it was the best Face for gameplay, it wasnt solely who camps most....

TheGuyOnTheCouch(SC)

Quit cher bitchin an play!
Jan 6, 2006
The Couch
id like to see face3 get some treatment myself, i dont like it, but i still play it once in a while
face classic will always be my favorite map no matter what they do to it, but that map also needs some changes; with the whole sniper thing, like The Head said, if u dont like it, dont play the map, but another choice is to give sniping a try (i did and i love it now, sniping doesnt make u a nub, if ur good at it, u get respect from the crowd, trust me)
i also hope they bring in Face2 (the mech version), that was a cool map too

Last edited:

Fracture

Jan 30, 2006
just because your good at the sniper rifle doesn't mean your a sniper. Camping is what everyone complains about... They are almost as bad as the players who piston the portals.....

MARVO

I am in this thread.
Jan 20, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
i happen to LOVE face. my favorite ctf map. faceclassic that is, i dont really car for face 3.

Last edited:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
If I ran a server, snipers would get banned.

TheGuyOnTheCouch(SC) said:
(i did and i love it now, sniping doesnt make u a nub, if ur good at it, u get respect from the crowd, trust me)

It makes you a very boring player, and it doesn't get you much respect either. Occasionlly, you have to snipe here and there, but to be a career "sit on a ledge and take pot shots all game" player, then you're really not adding a thing to the game.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
TheGuyOnTheCouch(SC) said:
id like to see face3 get some treatment myself, i dont like it, but i still play it once in a while
face classic will always be my favorite map no matter what they do to it, but that map also needs some changes; with the whole sniper thing, like The Head said, if u dont like it, dont play the map, but another choice is to give sniping a try (i did and i love it now, sniping doesnt make u a nub, if ur good at it, u get respect from the crowd, trust me)
i also hope they bring in Face2 (the mech version), that was a cool map too
Please learn English and retype your post. Thank you.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Face is a great map - but like any great maps it sucks to play it exclusively for years.
I'm not really a hitscan person myself so my love for face only goes so far.

It's just fine that they're remaking it, but I'll be f'ing damned if it ends up being the only played CTF map yet again.
I wont blame epic for it, but rather those people who play face 30 times in a row and go "plz vote face it is best map" when you vote something else. Sometimes I'd be more inclined to think what they're actually saying is "plz vote face, it's the map I'm best at or most familiar with as It's the only friggen thing I ever played".

Last edited:

TheGuyOnTheCouch(SC)

Quit cher bitchin an play!
Jan 6, 2006
The Couch
figures, once some1 speaks up about sniping, ppl gotta bag on em
or u get banned XD
lol ya happens alot, but its still fun
then you're really not adding a thing to the game.
if ur good at snipin, and know how to be a team player with it, then u are
i also just "dont camp at the top the whole game" i also cap
http://csports.net/(agcrxr45t2v1vm55yziglf3v)/PlayerStats.aspx?Matrix=58&NameID=250283905
Please learn English and retype your post. Thank you.
im in a f****** forum, i dont have to type perfect english, im not saying this to piss u off, im just stating that

Last edited: