UT2k7 - destructable environments

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Turns2Ashes said:
My point is that even though they said "fully destructible environments" what we got was "fully destructible objects that the mappers placed here and there while everything else was just as indestructible as every other game." I would venture a guess that destructable "environments" in UT would be no different, and for good reason. A truly destructible environment would just f*ck the game up.
Actually Gearbox Software already messed around with some of the UE3 special features such as destructible cover (a little video demonstration for their "liberation party"). They had Sgt. Matt Baker behind a wooden object which was slowing getting picked apart by bullet fire to nothing -- so even if we don't get them in the levels there'll definitely be the capacities for the mods to perform as such; and when was the last time Epic let the modders outshine them?

Vance

Dec 7, 2005
Marion, VA
that would be nice but will cost more to make it with the unreal ed 3.0 and adding physcals will req a better pc

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
The Jackal-XMP said:
This very year actually :)
Well obviously as machines get faster you can pump more polygons... but my guess is UT2007 will have some **** up their sleeves.