Running an UT3 Jailbreak server?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Refalm

{|CK|}Refalm
Aug 11, 2004
.nl
www.refalm.com
This may sound like a stupid question, but an important one for me.

I currently have an UT3 server, dedicated on a rented server in Amsterdam.
It's now running Warfare mode.

I'd like to turn it into an UT3 Jailbreak server, but I haven't got a clue how, since there is no server package to be found.

Could anyone help me?

Refalm

{|CK|}Refalm
Aug 11, 2004
.nl
www.refalm.com
There is no "server" version of Jailbreak, client version should run on server.
I realise that. The question is how.

I can't find an explanation how to do this anywhere. And I think it has to do with editing a lot of .ini files, which is why I need some help.

Refalm

{|CK|}Refalm
Aug 11, 2004
.nl
www.refalm.com
All right, I figured it out.

• Get the ZIP version and extract it
  • Go to "/ut3/UTGame"
  • Upload all .u and .upk files to "/ut3/UTGame/CookedPC"
  • Upload "UTJailbreak.ini" to "/ut3/UTGame/Config"
  • Open "Maps" on your local computer, then go to "/ut3/UTGameCookedPC/CustomMaps", and upload all maps there
  • Open "Localization" on your local computer, and upload it all to "/ut3/UTGame/Localization" (the Germans will thank you)
  • Restart the UT3 server for no apparant reason
  • Wait 30 seconds, then go to "/ut3/UTGame/Config"
  • Edit "UTMapLists.ini"
Add the following lines, corresponding to where they obviously belong:
Code:
GameProfiles=(GameClass="Jailbreak.Jailbreak",GameName="Jailbreak",MapListName="Jailbreak",Options=,Mutators=,ExcludedMuts=,bIsTeamGame=True)
Code:
[Jailbreak UTMapList]
MapReplayLimit=0
AutoLoadPrefixes=
LastActiveMapIndex=0
Maps=(Map="JB-FacingWorlds",ExtraData=)
Maps=(Map="JB-Gasoline",ExtraData=)
Maps=(Map="JB-Jacques_Birthday",ExtraData=)
Maps=(Map="JB-Makoy",ExtraData=)
Maps=(Map="JB-OfMiceandMen",ExtraData=)
Maps=(Map="JB-Pagoda",ExtraData=)
Maps=(Map="JB-Precinct",ExtraData=)
Maps=(Map="JB-Rebirth",ExtraData=)
Maps=(Map="JB-Seven",ExtraData=)
Maps=(Map="JB-Strand",ExtraData=)
Maps=(Map="JB-Suspense",ExtraData=)
Code:
[FullJailbreak UTMapList]
AutoLoadPrefixes=JB
Feel free to change "ActiveGameProfileName=DeathMatch" into "ActiveGameProfileName=Jailbreak" (shouldn't matter much)
  • Now it's time to change the server startup command. My example looks something like this:
Code:
server JB-OfMiceandMen?game=Jailbreak.Jailbreak?maxplayers=10?mutator=UTGame.UTMutator_Hero?OwningPlayerName=Jeroen?AdminPassword=almelo_rulez -multihome=194.109.21.3 -port 7777 -unattended -login=jeroen -password=qwerty -log=A_Cabin_Made_Out_Of_Wooden.Log -nohomedir
  • Restart the server, and you'll have a nice UT3 Jailbreak server of your own :)

Last edited: