Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
that enterprise is on one of SA's servers i think. they have some intense **** there.

edit: whoah ok apparently not that think dwarfs penislandias enterprise

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
O.k. This game is now officially dangerous. I can't stop playing it.

:lol:

Also I've been copying the game saves folder regularly to back it up in case there is another alpha version crash that trashes the original saves folder.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS7Og1zvdy8[/M]

:lol:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I don't hate or like this game. I'm really curious to hear on what makes it so addictive. Maybe my level designer days and the very redundant combat system completely can't help me like this game.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
well most people have never done level design or created maps using advanced UDK's.
it also takes a LOT of time and practice to become skilled at traditional level design.

the appeal with Minecraft is its simplicity and user-friendliness.
anyone can make anything in Minecraft after having played for only 5 minutes. and they can do so while playing with others in real time. it's like if Unreal ED allowed multiple people to work on the same map at the same time while simultaneously "playing" the map. it also helps that the world is endless, by which I mean you can generate new terrain as much as you want, so no two worlds are ever the same.

Minecraft is sort of like the ultimate sandbox.
it's completely non-linear.
there's no start.
there's no end.
you can get in the sandbox and create anything you wish.
you can invite your friends to the sandbox and work on something together or make up games like capture the flag, hide and seek, tag, etc.

it's all about the gameplay and possibilities.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
I don't hate or like this game. I'm really curious to hear on what makes it so addictive. Maybe my level designer days and the very redundant combat system completely can't help me like this game.

Most likely how much time you already spend doing things. I have the same problem, but with things like LittleBigPlanet. As great as that game may be, I can't for the life of me play it or use its toolset.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
I wonder how complex these things can actually get, with respect to the limits of the game. Perhaps someone could build LCD screens out of the red torches somehow.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Just type in your ridiculous idea and add the search term "minecraft" to it in Youtube and you find out that like inventions, someone's already thought of it.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQm0fUDh9qM[/m]

Even more insane:

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwTVjJ_1vuE[/m]

Last edited: