Newbies are cute

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ferd

«]§ß[»
Dec 21, 2000
Argentina
Visit site
Yeh, i don´t believe you´d think the same...... but everytime i see a bunch of newbies in a server.... i can´t stop laughing.... they do the funniest things... Like firing the redemer with the secondary fire.... and at the same time walking forward.... he was driving the redeemer at the same time he was getting closer to the edge.... and well, he finally of course got lost in the space of Facing worlds.
Or a guy that was allways, allways in the Redeemer room in Deck16 firing grenades to the elevators constantly...... even if there was no one..... everytime i was in that place, i couldn´t stop laughing watching that scene..... but the most funny is he only wanted the redeemer to drive it....everytime he had it, he used to drive it all around the place.... (he even had the skills to pass it thru the windows even under the shield bridge)... he spent 5 minutes driving it just to see people running away from it.... anyway.... newbies are fun, not allways annoying.

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
lol :)

i played against a two friends of mine, and it was one of their first times.

only a little newbie goodness ensued, unfortunately, because teh lag was awful.

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Are you kidding? I've been playing since the original Unreal was released, and I still like to "drive" the Redeemer around on public servers.

The psychological warfare aspect of that thing following an enemy all throughout a base can be strangely satisfying. ;)

flare

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Visit site
I just laughed hard when you said you saw a newbie driving around a redeemer for 5 minutes just for fun. that is to funny. :D

SludgeX

Jul 9, 2001
Chicagoland, IL
Visit site
usually newbs don't realise it's pretty easy to destroy a flying redeemer if you got just enough time to think about it.

Some newbies don't even realize than the redeemer can taken down at all.

Too many times I've seen a newb secondary fire the redeemer and fly the f***er around for a couple of minutes (usually on Face or Phobos), trying to be "cool". When someone finally shoots down the missile, the newb who fired it usually starts spamming "WTF??" over and over like they had no idea that the flying redeemer missile can actually be destroyed. :rolleyes:

Then again, I've seen a few newbie players do some incredible things when using the redeemer. So I guess it can go both ways sometimes.;)

Ferd

«]§ß[»
Dec 21, 2000
Argentina
Visit site
The strange things is that I couldn´t destroy the redeemer in flight..... the sniper didn´t work...... a shock combo didn´t work.... it was strange

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
my friend has UT for the PS2 and i would play this one 1v1 dm level and most of the time when i launched it he would be attacking me with the minigun and it would blow up in my face and end up killing me :( happened 2 times,other times i owned him with the redeemer :)

T

Terminal {DTH}

the other day i joined server that was running Lava fortress and the ONLY weapons were deemers. =]- that was a kick, before then i didnt know you could blow them up manuall without having it run into something. boy did i feel stupid for not finding That out sooner....MUCH. :p

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
One newbie on a CTF server full of pros. Goes for the flag.. Next comes the fun part. Also I think it's great when a newbie brings down a pro carrying the flag with 6 rockets :D Here comes the smack talk heheh

T

Terminal {DTH}

Originally posted by Odie|PuF
lol watch a noob with strange love ...look ma i'm flying ,im flying..till i snipe the ride between their legs

now that's another i never have managed to get to work.
:( :Poop: :(

cornman

Are you afraid of corn? You should be.
Nov 20, 2000
MB, Canada
Visit site
I totally agree.....I have laughed so many times. Some of the stuff that happens is absolutely, incredibly hilarious!!
The other day on facing worlds....... A guy fired the redeemer towards the ground[out of the deemer port] --just then I came through the tele--he heard me, panicked, and quickly jumped out of the opening only to be annilated by his own redeemer. lol

I am still laughing.