invasion game type - monster ai

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kuertee

Oct 3, 2004
is there a way (via a mod or in-game setting) to limit the monster's ai so that they are not omniscient.

i'm hoping that it would have more of a single player feel to it.

• the monsters stay where they are spawned
• they are only alert to you when they "see" you
• you have to hunt them - you can't camp at a safe spot and wait for them to come

i know of fraghouse but it doesn't seem to have what i'm describing above.

kuertee

Oct 3, 2004
i've noticed that in the zombies of nightmare mutator, you can toggle whether the zombies are aggressive or not - so through a mutator/mod, monster ai can be changed - not impossible.

though invasion is a good game type - it can get "brainless" in less than 5 minutes. but i suppose modifying it it to how i described above, will not change this fact.

but it does change one's experience of the game - invasion becomes more of a "hunt the monster" game type. the players are encouraged to hunt the monsters to end the level instead of waiting for them.

also - some monsters take longer to kill. with normal invasion, once a dozen skarjs spawn-in, you've gotta be lucky to survive.