System Confusion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

G6326

Mar 17, 2000
Visit site
sorry to bother you guys but I have a dilemma... my computer is a 450PII with 64megs of ram and a sis6326 2d card with a voodoo2 12 meg accelerator. Well on big maps when I play in big maps, my computer gets a bit laggy, so, I think its the ram, 64megs is not inough but my friend says that 64 is all I need. what should I do?

And One more thing... will getting more ram make UnrealEd run faster?

Well thanks for listening see ya around.

Clanless][

Apr 29, 2000
Visit site
go out and buy yourself 64 more megs of ram.
I have 256 cuz I like working with big maps...upgraded cuz I needed it to compile my TFC map :)
so
#1. 64 is good for gaming, but you need 128 if your gonna do some editing
#2. Yes. Processor helps a lot too

Claymore

The Flying Dutchman
Dec 24, 1999
Utreg, Holland
www.xs4all.nl
So what happend with 64 ram while making big maps? If it's just slow ... I can live with that.

I tend to make smaller maps anyhow, check out DM-AloneintheDark(tiny), at nalicity.
and CTF-Damtoofar(medium), and DM-Industrial(small-medium). my first 3 maps. A third one is coming up, and after that I'm gonna do a CTF map again.

mapping Rules!

bullet2.gif

It never hurts to help ...