Which finger used for scroll wheel?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
*sigh* Well, better get this over with. :(

Bazai...meet Dird. He does not represent our community.
Dird...meet this thing called common courtesy. And take the off-topic subjects to the off-topic forum, will ya?

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Dirdmister said:
FO :p
You and ur american sayings...recess :s
im european baby...gaming continent
Shame bout ur schools :s first columbine now another
when u gonna learn...GUNS ARENT COOL

But video games with guns are really cool! There's been far more school shootings than just those two - everyone over here has a gun, even the kids, and we'll use them! No wonder your countrymen turned tail and ran back in the day! Even now, your country does what my country tells your country to do, because we have more guns.

I think Ren's "american sayings" were more or less a masked comment that you should grow up. :) :LOL: :)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
_Zd_Meelobee_ said:
Dude, you're replying to someone who playes the game for a month. Do you expect him to know what a pipeswitch is? :D :lol:
Actually I only vaguely read over his post. I was replying to Ren, which would have been obvious had I quoted him, but I forgot. :eek:

Anyway, bazai, ignore Dird. He's our village idiot. :)

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Dirdmister said:
And the fact that ur country tells other countries what to do is why ur hated
9/11 didnt happen in UK
Spain train bombings were for following you...they said nothing bout us.

This is officially off topic :s

Everyone knows the UK is a fallen empire well into its autumn years, so of course nobody's going to mess around there.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Dirdmister said:
:p
We're incharge of G8 commity
Stable economy [unlike US]
Low employment numbers [unlike US]
Now shh go read My Pet Goat :D

Yes, but you have no guns, so you're ripe for invasion!
You'd better start learning English, because that's what we speak over here.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Me said:
Dird, you want to play in the tournament?

Dirdmister said:
U know i do...youve saw the other topics 8)
and b4 u talk bout attitude etc
Forums r dif to venty/ts
and it wasnt all one way
so no b1tch¦n'

Well, your attitude here is starting to pi$$ me off, and if you want to play, I'd STRONGLY suggest you not pi$$ me off.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Renegade Retard said:
Well, your attitude here is starting to pi$$ me off, and if you want to play, I'd STRONGLY suggest you not pi$$ me off.

Don't make him angry; you won't like him when he's angrry.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Wheel vs Keys

I used to use my index finger to scroll with, but about a year ago I completely unbound my wheel as I'd gotten experienced enough with my setup to just use keybinds. When you first start out, the mousewheel is a useful way of switching weapons. Many players find as they get more experienced, they prefer to bind weapons to keys grouped around their movement keys (rather than the number keys). But as people have said, it's very much personal preferance and you should always use what feels best.

If you want to try to use keybinds once you get a bit more used to the game, a good way to start is just bind your most used weapon (in my case it would be the rocket launcher) to a convenient key. That way you can use the wheel for most of the weapons, but you can use the key for your most used weapon. Then if you want you can add another key bound to another weapon, and eventually you could bind all the weapons to keys as well as, or instead of the mouse wheel.

Dirdmister said:
<-- leet tbh

That made me laugh harder than I have in weeks :lol: Dird's opinion's do not reflect that of the rest of the UK. We think he's a delusional muppet too. That is all.

Last edited:

PeregrineBF

Mar 15, 2005
Also, try a 5 button mouse. Here is my mouse config:
Thumb: Thumb button: Goo->Shield pipeswitch. For jumps.
Pinky: Translocator. I play CTF enough to warrant this. Other times it's lastweapon.
Index: Fire primary.
Ring: Fire secondary.
Middle: Scrollwheel 1 up: next weapon (1 slot)
Scrollwheel 1 down: previous weapon (1 slot)
Scrollwheel 2 up: next weapon (2 slots)
Scrollwheel 2 down: previous weapon (2 slots)
Scloll click: flak->rockets pipeswitch.

Of course, the scrollwheel 2 stuff is only what it is because a4tech can't write a proper driver, so their second scrollwheel just clicks twice for each physical click, but it does make weaponswitching faster.