UT3 Assault Carbine Beta 4 - Fast Automatic with Grenade Launcher (PC and PS3)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DazJW

Mar 25, 2008
Assault Carbine Beta 4.8 - Fast Automatic with Grenade Launcher (PC and PS3)

PS3 version updated to Beta 4.8 on 28th September 2009 and PC updated on 30th September 2009, both to Beta 4.8.

Primary fire is automatic bullet fire, secondary fire launches an M203 style grenade.
ModDB downloads and direct PS3 USERDATA.JAM download at the end of the post.

Youtube Video.

AssaultCarbineBeta48PS3ByDazJW.jpg

PC Readme said:
Assault Carbine by DazJW
Beta 4.8 (PC)

----Description----

Primary fire is automatic bullet fire, secondary fire launches a grenade from the underbarrel grenade launcher.

----PC Install----

You need to copy the folder UTGame into this folder:
"C:\Documents and Settings\YOURLOGONNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\"
Where YOURLOGONNAME is the name of your Windows logon.

Alternatively, the folder is accessible via "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\".

You will be asked if you wish to overwrite, click yes to all (this is so the folder structure is kept and the files end up in the right place, nothing is actually overwritten by this action).

----Use----

There are two mutators that will be found in the mutator list when you start a game, they are the ones named "Arena - Assault Carbine" and "Spawn - Assault Carbine".
"Arena - Assault Carbine" spawns you with the Assault Carbine (with unlimited ammo) only and removes all weapons and ammo pickups from the map.
"Spawn - Assault Carbine" spawns you with the Assault Carbine and the Impact Hammer but with limited ammo (and there won't be any ammo pickups for the weapon in any maps).

You can also chose to replace any weapon with the Assault Carbine by using the Weapon Replacement Mutator that comes with Unreal Tournament 3 or call it from the ingame console using this command:

giveweapon Mod_DZWPASRifle.UTWeap_ASRifle

----Changes from Beta 4----
Fixed Small Weapons functionality.
Altered animations.
New model.
PS3 Readme said:
Assault Carbine by DazJW
Beta 4.8 (PS3)

----Description----

This is a compatibility fixing release to make the weapon work correctly with PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 2.0.
Thanks to Fudo Myo-o and katamari666 for verifying this worked prior to release.

Primary fire is automatic bullet fire, secondary fire launches a grenade from the underbarrel grenade launcher.

----Differences to PC version----

The PS3 version uses a larger Sniper Rifle ammo pickup instead of a custom mesh.

----PS3 Install----

You need to place the file USERDATA.JAM onto removable media of some sort (eg USB memory stick). Insert this removable media into your PS3.
In the Main Menu, go to the Community section. Then select My Content. This will show a list of installed mods. Press Square to bring up the import dialog. The standard PS3 dialog will allow you to select a device to import from.
Select the device, select Yes to import it, then wait while the mod is first copied to the PS3 Hard Drive, and then unpacked.

----Use----

There are two mutators that will be found in the mutator list when you start a game, they are the ones named "Arena - Assault Carbine" and "Spawn - Assault Carbine".
"Arena - Assault Carbine" spawns you with the Assault Carbine (with unlimited ammo) only and removes all weapons and ammo pickups from the map.
"Spawn - Assault Carbine" spawns you with the Assault Carbine and the Impact Hammer but with limited ammo (and there won't be any ammo pickups for the weapon in any maps).

----Changes from Beta 4.6----
Altered animations.
New model.
Custom sounds in PS3 version rather than just PC version.

I was going to delay this until it was textured, but I wanted to get a PS3 version out and thought I might aswell have an equal PC version out too.

PC .zip, PS3 .zip and PS3 direct USERDATA.JAM downloads on this page.

Last edited:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I'm gonna wait until its fully textured before i download it.
untextured-ness is unacceptable :cool:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
...!!?...
Maybe i just play single player with no bots and just look at the cool textures in the game?...:shy:

DazJW

Mar 25, 2008
Just a bump to say this has been updated and a new video posted.

PC updates:
Altered animations.
New model.

PS3 updates:
Altered animations.
New model.
Custom sounds.