Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Recently I've seen some Vs. opponents start the Dead Air construction site crescendo with a molotov and wait it out in the safe room. I can't seem to find any info on where they aim; does anyone know?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't see how you could start it FROM the safe room, but you can start it from just around that corner where the ammo is, which is probably close enough to run back.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I don't see how you could start it FROM the safe room, but you can start it from just around that corner where the ammo is, which is probably close enough to run back.

Yeah, that's what they've done. They throw it through one of the windows and it lands at the barricade. In the time it takes for the molotov to reach the gas tanks and for them to take damage and start the event, everyone's back in the safe room barring any infected interference.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yeah, that's easy peasy. You can easily make that throw from the first window in on the safe room facing wall of the construction area.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I know you CAN, I just don't know HOW :)
Go try it then :) It's really not hard at all. You just have to throw it high enough to clear the opposite wall and it will bounce off the wall by the barricade and blow up the barricade.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Meet the Jockey!

http://www.destructoid.com/left-4-dead-2-meet-the-jockey-147555.phtml

Screw the stupid boycott... Left 4 Dead 2 is going to be sick!

Zombie clowns, feature a double dose of creepiness!

Jumps on your back and takes control? Dang!

Screw that boycott indeed! I'm definitely getting #2.

Now for #1 I've been thinking that I'd like to see someone make dual auto-glocks. It'll have the same function and purpose as the Uzi; poor accuracy, but heavy rapid fire with 50 round clips a piece. I think it'll be fun and kinda cool.

Such as: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1RvTJBdRuA

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
It's a pity there's no more custom model support in L4D. I wouldn't mind seeing crazy characters show up, even if they would feel completely out of context.
But why not really.

Imagine someone making an alf model. You could actually hide under tables ;-).

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
It's a pity there's no more custom model support in L4D. I wouldn't mind seeing crazy characters show up, even if they would feel completely out of context.
But why not really.

I'd love to see someone make a Parasite Eve mod for this game.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
But why not really.

Imagine someone making an alf model. You could actually hide under tables ;-).
Cue black guy with a giant fro.

http://www.nbc.com/mercy/about/index.shtml

You haven't seen inside a hospital until you've seen it through the eyes of those who know it best: its nurses. Veronica Callahan is one of those nurses. She just returned to Mercy Hospital from a tour in Iraq and knows more about medicine than all of the residents combined. Together with fellow nurses Sonia and Chloe, she navigates the daily traumas and social landmines of life and love both inside the hospital and out in the real world.

A sign of the pending apocalypse?