INFMOD Weapon Pack 1.5 Released! (May 2006)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
m16 model you pictured psych

did some research that particular model in the picture is probably
the m16a3 model { semi / full aoto} because they could be delivered with
m4a1 hand guards with rail interface:D

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
well i found out what high ready is... now i have to think of a better word for not looking in the scope and aiming...

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
EGM<NL>E said:
psychomorph did you take a look on the official colt website ??
there is a m16a4 and m203 pictured that looks like the imt model.
You mean this? That is a M16A2.

From what I know, the new M16's for military purpose are build with the rail front grips. You can change the grip, also various airsoft and civilian semi autos might have the old grips. Canadian C7's and M16/M4's used by other nations (Israel, Poland) have the old M16A2 grip, but not the US M16A4 anymore, these have the rails with heatshields and the M203 is attached to the rail, which is more practical than changing the whole front grip.

All the various, footages, news videos, pictures from the wars past 2001, not one time I saw the A2 style M203.
And the new stuff looks hotter anyway.

BTW, the 3rd person M16A4 in INF has the heatshields on the barrel, the 1st person not (while M4 has them). Would be cool to see them, because the heatshields are taken off when you attach something, otherwise the heatshields are attached as standart, because it is better to hold the rifle with them.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Canadian C7's and M16/M4's used by other nations (Israel, Poland) have the old M16A2 grip, but not the US M16A4

Infiltration is an immersion into realism, driven by intense military US Army combat, in a squad-based, US Army mission-oriented shooter. Each of those missions brings the distinctive taste of multifaceted warfare in any environment you can imagine.

You will choose your US Army gear prior to the mission, based on the kind of soldier you want to be. Decide from a cache of modern-day US Army weapons, keeping in mind the size and weight of the equipment and how much you can carry. Each mission will allow you to become a unique US Army soldier, based on the equipment and skill you contribute to the tasks at hand.

The different venues you will be called into won't have US Army weapons and US Army ammunition lying about. You must bring in what you can carry, and salvage what you need from comrades or the enemy or from the US Army.

We give you the US Army tools to do the job. How you do it is up to you. Take the skills you learn in one battle to help you with future missions and objectives. If you become a talented sniper, it's because you develop the skill to use the weapon and tactics properly and effectively.

Keep in mind that these bullets are for real. One well placed shot, and you are out! Use common sense, pay attention to detail, and watch your buddy's back. The essence of teamwork separates the winners from the dead.

Take your missions seriously, and move with diligence. Running around aimlessly will only put your team, and the entire mission, at risk. [emphasis for TDM sake] Play it smart, and you might come out of this alive.

But seriously, I really don't understand why you are being so difficult. What's the big deal? The M16A4 with 203 attached is in a different config then the M16A4 without M203? What's the big deal? After all, that wouldn't even be surprising in Real Life (to see different configs for those with 203 attaches and does without). I've seen idiocies like that all my life in the military system... what ever the country was.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
The M16A4 in INF has the rail front grip, just attaching the M203 at the bottom rail makes more sense, than replacing the whole hand guard with an A2 style.

And byside this, the M16A4 is the new version of the US M16 rifle family, any questions?

Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
geogob said:
But seriously, I really don't understand why you are being so difficult. What's the big deal?

You gave him high-ready geo, now face the consequences !

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
The M16A4 in INF has the rail front grip, just attaching the M203 at the bottom rail makes more sense, than replacing the whole hand guard with an A2 style.

Unfortunately the same is true for remodeling and retextureing and re-animating the m16a4 rather than just sticking with what we've got. Granted I avoid the m1614/m203 because it looks tacky but with the m4, hk416 and m16a2 m203 attachments in game already it doesn't really bother me all that much.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Funny jerks.
Ok, see, the M16A4 in INF has what? A rail grip, not sure, but I think it has, hasn't it? Or it hasn't?
Ok! So. Putting an M203 on the rail is what? A more logical step(?). A consequence(?). A fact(?). An universal law(!... ermm, ?).
Ok, IMT HQ has only the old used A2 style M203's for their INF soldiers, a good reason, or not, maybe, a liddl liddl bit? Sort of.. if you wish.

Indeed, some dudes over here like extra effort and put the A2 thingingz on their new fresh manufactured M16A2 (/edit: M16A4).
Ok, maybe, and I just say "maybe", the Israelis manufacture the rail grips aswell, not that I EVER saw this, but maybe some hidden, invisible, invincible Special power Force does? And yes, they probably choose to take the extra effort to replace the whole rail grip with the old A2 hand guard M203, just not to put the old stuff in a museum in the palistinenzian neighborhood, Yanowmse?

@chuckus:
Yup, exactly that.

Last edited:

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
Look!
If people come to you with such "problems" you know something: You did a fantastic job. Otherwise you would here voices asking to remove this and that weapon. Would kick you in the ass for creating an uber weapon...
but now, the problem is an existing configuration of a weapon.
Personally I'd rather see the AKMSU renamed and the PSG1 (MSG90A1) renamed and maybe remodled (to have the open sights :) ).
Anyway I guess making the M16A4 likeable for eveyone would not justify the work.

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
ZZZZZZZZZZZzzz

SHUT UP! quit crying, there is nothing wrong with anything IMT related. now get over it.

here is a quick fix. if you dont like the M16A4 then either dont use it or just use the A2...

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
It was a small "point", I'm not the one making such a big discussion out of it.
It's all Dukes fault anyway.

Why renaming the AKMSU? The INF AKMSU is the hungarian AKMSU, same name and caliber in real life like in INF. Only the orange plastic magazine is what SS did wrong.
Why renaming the PSG1? INF has the PSG1, all correct (except it is not a military weapon), the MSG is a different weapon at all.

I don't really expect the M16A4/M203 to change, I just brought up the point, maybe IMT weapon pack workers allready had it in mind for correction, maybe not.

They are more points for the M16A4 and M4A1 I would like to speak about, but I wont do this, because it is not worth the work, except the "workers" want it. Still it is not forbidden to just talk about it, but I get treaten like an idiot here, so I let it, made idiot out of myself enough. My fault.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
It's all Dukes fault anyway.

Actually, I'd rather blame yurch. Most lines in INFc_SMaleBase and INFc_Weapon that caused me problems had comments like "Thanks to yurch for the idea!" :p ;)

But neither Yurch nor Duke had anything to do with the original M16A4 model used by the IMT, which was made to the best knowledge of the modeller. I think he did a good job... the model is very good.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I thought Duke modelled it.
Of course the job is good (Except the "leak of heatshields in 1st person model" error/mistake), didn't critizised, it is just this "conceptual detail". They are various "aesthetical details" that I would "constructively critizise", but I wont start it (as said), except you beg me on, mwuahahah.
Anyway, someone can dream. I know when it comes to INF I dream a bit to much.
Whatever.

Last edited:

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
The AKMSU has a completly different frontgrip and buttstock. ;)
The weapon in INF looks more like the AKS-74U (that has a different calibre).
(except it is not a military weapon) exactly. And I know that it is a "different" weapon, otherwise it would not be so cheap compared with the PSG1.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Like this?
akmsu1.jpg

Yeah right. I could swear it looked same.
I have no idea why SS f*cked that up so much.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Ok, now for some serious b!tching.

UDAR: When reloading with a partial fired cylander, the remaining ammo is dumped. Is this intentional? I found it quite dissapointing, especially since all mags are retained. Why not have the INF guy "catch" the live rounds?

When shot with the UDAR, i've found that i actually get spun around by the impact. Is this actually meant to happen?

M14DMR: Would it be possible to adjust the "high ready" position to look through the iron sights instead of over the scope? From what i've seen, scopes are attached to the M14 by a plate screwed to the left hand side of the action. Thus there wouldn't be any scope basesin the way of using the iron sights.

The only other thing i have to say is that bots, when equiped with either the M14DMR, UDAR, or the Vintorez, are absoutley terrible shots. The best bot i've seen with one of these weapons had an accuracy of 15%. I've stood 50m from 10 bots with their accuracy set to 90, firing UDAR's at me for 5 minutes without getting hit. The only time i have been hit is within 5m of a bot. They even prefer to use a M9 over any of these weapons if its available.

I heard that the bots use cone fire instead, it might be worth looking at the size of the "cones" and maybe reducing them a lot. There are no problems with the OICW, and i have not issued a bot with a Barrett yet, as they don't kneel to fire nor do they stay prone for long.

It would be great if this could be fixed, as my Spetsnaz bot team now has a designated sniper, and she's useless.