UT Game of the Year Edition is coming

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Check out this page for the scoop. Basically, it's UT with a lot added :) (Thanks to El Muerte for the link).

Quick poll: If you already own UT, will you buy the GOTY edition?

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
Since I have most of it already, or can get it for free. It seems kinda silly to buy it.

NO, I will not buy it.

Now, if they come out with like 30 or 40 new maps in an add-on pack, that might be worth buying.

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
doesn't look all that special... i was expecting Unreal Fortress to be one of the mods included but i guess that would be asking too much. anyway it's just UT with extra maps that you probably have already and 3 mods which you can d/l if you want them. nothing special...

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
Looks pretty sweet...

While I won't buy it, I do have this to say for you all to think about....

If they are Officially releasing these three mods, and we know that none of them are up to par to be in a packaged release, does this mean official money and resources will go towards the mods? I think so. So for all you RA:UT fans who are waiting for a bitchen version of the game, chances are, you will have it soon! With either Epic or Infogrames putting money and resources on the project, we should have a bad arse version of the mod out very soon! And it should be fully supported!

Of course..they may just be releasing it as "beta code" and not support it...which sould suck donkey..well..you know :)

Entropica{KS}

nepenthe's temporary body
Jul 19, 2000
Great point, Temp!

Damn, you may be right, and if so, these three mods could become just as polished and "official" as the original game types.

So the question is, will the possible upgraded versions of these mods be available to registered users of the original box? I dunno, hope so...

Overall, no matter what, I think it's a great thing. I'd love to see UT continue to be popular and to grow in the mod and clan communities even more, and this will only help. Course, get set for an infusion of newbies.

Entropica{KS}

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
You all know what this means right...NEWBIES!!!!
Tons of em too. Considering Epics track record with the way they've treated their customers so far I'm pretty sure they'll release full versions of those mods tho I suspect they might make us wait.

ShinyObject

You're making me blush.
Jun 14, 2000
Ohio
I'm sure I won't buy it. I am excited to see how much time and money Epic/Infogames is gonna put into this bad boy. Did anyone read that article on the Daily Radar about how games like Half-life, UT, and Q3 are killing the game industry because of all the replayability that is packed into these things? It's all a bunch of hoohaa if you ask me. Let me see if I can find the article...

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
It is interesting about the replayability thing though Goshen! Seriously, there are very few games which you can play over and over again for months. UT is one of those, and that is why it is the only game that I have ever bought. It is great to see games that can be played for a long time. I have no interest in going and paying $50 for a game which I will either a) finish in three days, or b) find that it is so useless that I can't even bear to play it for more than a couple of days.

Anyway - don't all start into this as I'm sure some people won't like it round here, but suffice to say that I am pleased Epic made such an open game that can be played ad infinitum :)

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
BWAAHAAAH!!!! You're not gonna buy that stuff now are ya?!?!? BWAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! They are craZ man! Why should they do that! Well ok, the newbies. But that ain't gonna be much people. Before I opened that link I thought it will be a cd with about 100 maps and 10 new gametypes or something. NOT!!! Why the HELL do they include the original game?!? Why don't just release a add-on that requires the original UT. Just add a patch on the cd and fill-up the remaining space with mods and maps. They are DUMP!!!! BWAAAHAAHAHAHAHA! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D;):):instagib: