Major UT3 Update Details

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Personally, this patch wont make me reinstall the game, it does fix most of the things i find annoying about the game, but it does not add back some of the things who's ommision has been a show stopper for my enjoyment of it.

Fine :)

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
well, simply put, I feel vindicated.

I suggest you wait and see what the patch actually does before making such grandiose claims.

Your position seems to be that righting some of a previous wrong makes the original wrong right.

I hope the patch and extra content succeed in gaining the game a wider online audience and I welcome that Epic are promising to release them but I do not see them as any kind of ex post facto justification for releasing the unfinished and under-tested product that was UT3.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Personally, this patch wont make me reinstall the game, it does fix most of the things i find annoying about the game, but it does not add back some of the things who's ommision has been a show stopper for my enjoyment of it.
Yea, it won't make me *reinstall* it too, it will more likely make me *buy* it :p

I suggest you wait and see what the patch actually does before making such grandiose claims.

Your position seems to be that righting some of a previous wrong makes the original wrong right.

I hope the patch and extra content succeed in gaining the game a wider online audience and I welcome that Epic are promising to release them but I do not see them as any kind of ex post facto justification for releasing the unfinished and under-tested product that was UT3.
It wasn't originally wrong. It was right with some wrongness, and with half of the wrongness turned right makes the original rightness to be easier seen and the wrongness that is still left less noticeable.

Though yes, it's better to test releases before releasing than patch, but then again it's better earlier than never. Trying to release stuff as soon as possible made a lot of projects dead, especially what concerns Legend Entertainment and Unreal II... If they only had one spare year, they would of made miracles...

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
If anyone still bitches about UT3 you deserve to be shot in the head. I cant wait for this...there is absolutely NO reason to bitch about this game anymore NONE. Bitching phase is over. If you still have something to possibly whine about...please just uninstall the game and stop playing. I havent been to these site/forums in about 4 months due to the fact that Im sick of everyone bitching.

It took 300-some-odd posts to get to it, but we finally have a winner!
\o/

R.Flagg

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
Well, I do agree that the apologists bait the bitchers way to much, I'll give you that. Both sides should have given up a looong time ago. But, this I couldn't resist...

...there is absolutely NO reason to bitch about this game anymore NONE.

Gamespy.

( I only needed one example to prove you wrong ;) )

Apathy.

Jan 24, 2008
We put a new poll up on the front page about 36-48 hours ago. 174 votes currently - not much, I know, but here's the key factor: Of those 174 votes, 78% say they will give the game another try.

Every time I come here, I generally just looks at the news. If you can believe it, I never noticed the poll to the right. I never actually uninstalled the game, I just never play it anymore. But, I'll definitely be giving it a try again :p
Edit, I also just registered my game to steam. I want achievements dammit! :p

Last edited:

rAt.8^].bAg

Don't eff wid Gkublok
Aug 10, 2008
I'm not registering on steam if I have to reinstall to a new location. It'll make the directory structure even more complicated then it needs to be.

I won't be missing out on much though. Achievments sound nice but i don't really give a crap :p

+1. When I want to mess with Achievements, I'll go play TF2. I'd rather keep UT3 without the gimmicks.

Last edited:
U

Unregistered Mamago

Will it be possible to install the 1.4 patch without installing steam, or will the 1.4 be steam-exclusive?

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Will it be possible to install the 1.4 patch without installing steam, or will the 1.4 be steam-exclusive?

1. The patch is being called 2.0, not 1.4. That shows how much of a leap up it is.
  2. The patch will likely be for both Steam and Retail clients. Some of the features (Like steam integration, achievements, etc.) will require your copy to be a Steam copy, which you can convert your retail copy to if you so choose. If you don't want that, you don't have to worry about steaming it. The fixes will work on both.
  3. On the other hand, if you do want the achievements and such, you will need to steam your retail copy. You can do that by entering your UT3 CD Key into Steam.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
  • The patch will likely be for both Steam and Retail clients. Some of the features (Like steam integration, achievements, etc.) will require your copy to be a Steam copy, which you can convert your retail copy to if you so choose. If you don't want that, you don't have to worry about steaming it. The fixes will work on both.
  • On the other hand, if you do want the achievements and such, you will need to steam your retail copy. You can do that by entering your UT3 CD Key into Steam.
Where do you get that idea. You only need steam if you want your achievements to show up in steam. Steam is completely optional and doesn't anything extra to the game.

Razorjack

Lone Walker
Dec 18, 2008
The Netherlands
Holy crap, I hadn't checked BU in a couple of weeks, and all of a sudden all this great news about UT3! Let's hope that the community will grow enormously after the release of the patch and Titan pack. Any word on possible release dates so far?

• More delay before going back to ambient music from action.
YES!!! I'd have prefered no ambient music at all, but this is a huge step forward anyway!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Where do you get that idea. You only need steam if you want your achievements to show up in steam. Steam is completely optional and doesn't anything extra to the game.
You have to download the game through Steam to get the achievements, so I'd say that it does indeed add something extra to the game (post patch).