Noob needs help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Omertos [DCO]

Oct 17, 2003
Hi everyone,
my problem(s):

I created a nice small map, when I want to test it, I must add a player startpoint, but when I cick right and select "Create Player ..." nothing happens!

So what must I do? I know there must be a projector, UT2003 UnrealEd worked fine.

The other thing is, I copied the player start point from the example map, but when I'm in my map, I can't move, just look araund. When I tried to make a nav point (right click), the same thing told above happend.

Thanks for your time,
Christian.

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
Works fine for me. I can subtract a cube, right click and "Add Player Start Here," and then I can "Build All," and then "Play Level" lets me run around the map.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Are you creating the start point on terrain by any chance? Make sure you pick a reasonably flat area to place the start point, Ued can be picky about placing stuff on Terrain. If you still can't get it to work, try placing the start point on a flat BSP surface instead, then move it to where you want.

As for your problem with not being able to move around, have you done a full rebuild before testing the map? Since you won't actually 'die' as you would in UT2003, I'd assume you would just not be able to move around as you mentioned, rather than dying instantly as you spawn.

edit: Vito got there before me :) I'll just add that I can add start points and play a map with no problems also.

Last edited:

LilKev

Apr 13, 2004
Im totally new at desinging and stuff and i nedd lots of help i cant even build the bsics of a board im a total noob! any tips and lots of help? nedded please

Mayaboy

Mayaboy
May 30, 2004
www.mesoamerican-archives.com
Omertos [DCO] said:
Hi everyone,
my problem(s):

The other thing is, I copied the player start point from the example map, but when I'm in my map, I can't move, just look araund. When I tried to make a nav point (right click), the same thing told above happend.

Thanks for your time,
Christian.

Hey Christian, as a noob myself, I ran into the same issue. There is a "kill zone" point along the Z axis. Build your map higher, up by the origin of the grid. Your player was dead when you loaded the map, that's why you couldn't move (unlike Unreal Tournament, you don't have a ragdoll figure fallen on the ground to tell you why you can't move). Build the whole map higher in the vertical dimension, and see if that helps.

-mayaboy