Ballistic Weapons 2.5 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Ballistic Weapons v2.5 for UT2004 has been released, as promised. Packaged with the popular modification are JunkWar (all previous and a new update), various RuneStorm maps, vehicles and a music pack. New to Ballistic Weapons:

• 6 brand new weapons: X4 Knife, MD24 Pistol, XMk5 SubMachinegun, M46 Combat Rifle, BORT-85 Grenade Pistol, and A500 Skrith Acid Gun.
  • Force-to Walk in sights and scopes
  • Quicker Iron-Sight time
  • FP9 immediate detonation delay added
  • Network client "high recoil" bug fixed
  • Option to limit DoubleJumping
  • New "Ballistic Regeneration" mutator that adds life-steal and health regeneration
  • Widescreen scopes fixed
  • Blood causing ugly squares on terrain fixed

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Aw dammit! I have to go to my brother's house today to help rake up leaves so I won't be able to play this for a while. Oh well, at least it'll still be here when I get back. Right?

Right!?

XD

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Okay, I just played it and oh my God. the XMk5 Submachine gun and the Reptile are my new favorite weapons :D

Also, I absolutely love the ironsight tweaks. I'm gonna be playing this for a while...

DarkSonny

Beware!
Apr 8, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Shadowblade great job mate XD lots of options wow, is any chance to make some map adapted to this great mod/mutator in some near future¿

What occurs if I use the weaponstuff thing to mixing BW weapons with another weapons? it could have some problems to do this?

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
This mod is pretty much the only reason I still (occasionally) play UT2K4, so this is really great news! :D

Couple of questions, though:

1) Do you have to remove the old BW/JW files first, or does the new install simply overwrite them?

2) Are the BW community weapon packs compatible with 2.5, and do you have to delete and reinstall them?

ShadowBlade

RuneStorm developer
May 4, 2006
South Africa
www.runestorm.com
1) Do you have to remove the old BW/JW files first, or does the new install simply overwrite them?

It will overwrite what it needs to. If you want a fresh install though, i've included a .bat file which will remove BWv2.0, v2.1, BP4 and JunkWar. You can run that .bat file and then extract the new pack :) The new pack has everything you need, so it's all good :)