Textures problem in Ut2K4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jealouskain

May 9, 2004
Belgium
Well guys, i just loved the old Unreal Bot Design. So i decided to make my own skin and play it in UT2K4.
I already made some exports for Ut2K3 and never met this problem. Perhaps there is a new param i have to check for the UT2K4 engine... Hope you guys will help.
Here is the problem. My model just look great in UnrealEd3.0 and in the character selection menu. But once in game, all the whites are burned, it seems there is kind of a specular on my model but my map is fine in the editor so i don t know what s happening.
Here is two shots, one in the editor and one in the game to show you what I am speaking about.

In the editor :
X71.jpg

In game problem
burnedbot.jpg

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
that looks like a gamma problem...

do you have the gamma turned off in UED?
this is one reason I have the gamma brightness still on for me in ued, things like this can happen. make sure you make your skin dark enough so the whites don't get pulled out to much.

graboid

Apr 21, 2004
You gonna add ctf/tdm skins to that cool looking skin? I hope so looks cool!

BabyEater

Master of Poppycockery
I've found that wherever I actually have pure white (0,0,0), when I get in-game those sections will glow like the dickens and look a lot bigger.

You may try just darkening your skin (or the brightest sections) just slightly. Once you get to a point, the gamma will back off considerably.