Tweaking!? What's that all about?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

scorpion

Dec 18, 1999
Visit site
I was wondering how everybody designs these extremely detailed levels and they run fine. All the levels I design (once they have enough detail) start to get glitches. What I mean is those stupid triangle cutouts I get everywhere. They are really annoying. I was just wondering if their are limitations in the poly count and stuff. Am I supposed to be watching those stats after I rebuild? If so, how do I "tweak" my level to make it run right?

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Wonder how I missed this? Anyways...

Generally you want to play the map and in game in the console type in "stat fps" (minus quotes). Then watch the poly count. 100 is considered good and you should try to keep it to about that number at all times.