still the noobie.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

otang

combat ready
Jan 17, 2005
texas
whats up fellas, just wanted to say ive had some good games in u2xmp. im still a noob so please bear with me. i forgot your name but thanx for helping me out last week in the training day map. anyways. i have read about troubles with keeping u2xmp going and how it may be dated and there arent enuff servers/players and what not. i have sometimes come across players that really get upset during the games and cuss and this and that. may i emphasized this is a game, and there are new players like me who play to 'get away'. last night i encountered one of these players who was really really upset cuz his team was not up 'his' expectations. he finally left, but i think this sort of crap should be looked down upon. hey but thanx to everyone else for the good games and more to come.
it has come to my attention that some players really despise turrets, i dont know whats up with that, but again let me know why during the game and i will change, cuz i luv to lay them out, i need all the help i can get. as a newbie its still hard for me to read all the messages so like i said bear with me.

Last edited:
Well, people don't like turrets, becuase they get shot at by them. There really just crying becuase they would rather it be like 2k4 where you don't have to worry about something that's not human to hit you. People that complain suck. Just ignore them. You don't even really have to read the message box. I try not to, becuase it's simply crap from a bunch of idiots. Not to say that all text from those people is stupid, or that all the people are stupid, it's just the ones that like to complain and cry. There are different servers, and they can leave, but they don't. However, everyone will bitch and moan for some reason or another, and they will call you bad names like "tupper ware" and what not. Play to Play!

Mar 6, 2004
I'm one of those whiners but not because i got killed by a turret. I get ****ty connection almost all of the time and i play to win and get pissed at myself when i die or something or get called a noob from a guy with less then 100 ping and a great computer and thinks he owns me. I like playing competitivly(sp?) and that's it (even though my teamwork for this game really needs to improve but i do alot of teamwork...like hacking defending the energy sources and stuff..defense i hardly do as it's soo boring and you can't really rely on people as hardly anybody actually defends energy...just hack and move on and grab artis and kill and cap)...not for fun but just to win and get better, i may go "negative" when you kill me but that's it, i don't go "omf you dumb r3t@rd fagg*t n00b h@ck3r wannab3 wh0 suck5 s0 much c*ck". I just like playing to get better and if im sucking i get angry at myself (not the person who killed me), people have told me to just play for fun but i just can't...also people who spam gas (some are good at it) all the time and use the cheapest weapons i don't like but i know...it's part of the game, i deal and have dealt with it and that's my story and if you don't believe me just ask people like fur (especially fur), berserk, customz, smotpoker etc... i ask for help and it's not "fragging" or "more points" it's a bunch of stuff that's not part of DMing.

edit- btw just so you know...DM games are boring, always just killing people and that's the only skill you need for a game like counterstrike source, ut series and those kinda games...1 skill and that's just killing whereas a team game requires alot of skills...my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Towanda

Aug 9, 2000
www.boteam.net
Since i am not sure if you are talking about U2xmp or UTxmp, turrets in UTxmp are very hard to hear/see/find and way to accurate for the ppl used to play U2XMP (and most other ppl too). That might be a reason they ask you to be more easy on the turrets. They destroy the game as they are in utxmp right now.

If you are refering to U2xmp (which is the game FMI is trying to port to ut2k4 with their release of utxmp) the only reason ppl usually nag about turrets is that they use energy and if u are loosing energy, you dont have energy enough for the artifact node and they want to cap an arti, removing deplyables under these circumstances is usually a rather wise decision. U really need your artifact node powered up.

As for the classes they are well balanced in U2xmp and otherwise there is no reason to complain, Techs got gas so why shouldnt they use it? the only thing that i dont like is spawncamping with juggernauts which sux imo but on maps like sunset that comes with mapdesign you really cant complain about it.

edit:
You can find the UTXMP forums here

Last edited:

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
It's one thing to drop a well placed turret or 2. It's quite another to drop 5,10,15 turrets in the spot. A: you're probably hurting your team for energy. B: You're probably wasting time in game that you could better help out your side doing something else. C: The assumption is that you lay out that a million turrets and therefore can't aim etc.. In the current public build of UTXMP, the turrets really are just cheap, just because they're balanced wrong in more ways than one and generally much more powerful than u2. I won't go significantly into this as it's fixed in the current build in private testing and therefore a dead issue. TBH, I'd leave a server with alot of turret whoring going on in the current public build of UTXMP, just because they are rather frustrating to get rid of and generally make it not fun to play.

otang

combat ready
Jan 17, 2005
texas
IF PUTTING UP TOO MANY TURRETS IS A SIN, THEN I HAVE BEEN ONE HELL OF A SINNER A FEW TIMES. PERSONALLY I WILL CHANGE THAT. I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE DO IT SO I THOUGHT IT WAS OK, UNTIL SOME TEAMMATE STARTED SHOOTING THEM AND THEN SHOOTING ME. I THOUGHT THAT WAS SHI**Y. BUT THE TURRET THING WASNT REALLY THE ISSUE FOR MY ORIGINAL POST, IT WAS THAT PLAYERS WERE CUSSING AT PEOPLE, NOT REALLY AT ME, BUT THE POINT IS THAT ITS ONLY A GAME. LIKE SOMEONE SAID, NEWBIES ARE NEEDED, BOTH TO POPULATE THE COMMUNITY, AND TO BE EXPENDABLE IN THE BATTLEFIELD. ITS A FACT, AND I'M KILLED ONE MINUTE INTO MY DEPLOYMENT OR LESS A MAJORITY OF THE TIME. BUT I KEEP PLAYING CUS U2XMP HAS SOME GOOD PEOPLE/PLAYERS. MY ROLE MOST OF THE TIME IS SUPPORT, IM THE ONE GETTING THE DEPLOY POINTS, IM THE ONE HACKING ENERGY, IM NOT GOOD ENUFF TO GO FOR ARTIFACTS, YET. I DO TRY, DONT GET ME WRONG. IM NOT SURE IF MY CONNECTION IS BAD, BUT IN CLOSE COMBAT I GET KILLED MORE OFTEN THAN NOT CUZ I SEEM TO BE CHOPPY AND MY AIM SUX, I CANT EVEN SNIPE, IT CAN BE FRUSTRATING. BUT THAT MAY JUST BE THE PING THINGY. I HAVE CABLE MODEM SO I DIDNT THINK IT WAS THE CAUSE. ANYWAYS, THANX FOR THE SUGGESTIONS...P.S. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN DISPLAY ALL THE COMMANDS FOR U2XMP. FOR EXAMPLE DURING THE TRAINING DAY MAP, I WAS TOLD TO PRESS TAB THEN TYPE 'TOGGLEBEHINDVIEW'. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE MORE COMMANDS THAN THAT. THANX AGAIN. MAYBE ILL PLAY LATER TONITE AND SEE Y'ALL THERE (FROM TX)

otang

combat ready
Jan 17, 2005
texas
KILLER I WASNT TALKING ABOUT U GUY, I HAVE PLAYED AGAINST YOU, WITH NO PROBLEMS, IM COMPETETIVE TOO SO I UNDERSTAND

otang

combat ready
Jan 17, 2005
texas
thanx for suggestions/tips/hints. any more, tips post them here, i will definitly read. i have been reading tips about u2xmp to help me out. last night i capped the winning arti twice so i'm happy. since im the noob, whats the deal with the merger of u2xmp and some new xmp? where can i read about it to get up to par? does it mean we wont be able to play u2xmp once this happens? will i have to buy new game software? and where is my eggbeater these days?

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
utxmp is gonna bring in new people hopefully and bring this game out of the grave it's 3/4ths in.

You'll still be able to play u2xmp but you gotta to buy unreal tournament 2004 and download utxmp from the utxmp area which you know how to get to as you got a post at the forums. Congrats on capping the artis ;)

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
The Jackal-XMP said:
gd noobs@

MCP for UTXMP is trying to get a deployable limit mutator. Meaning that once you lay down like 4 turrets, you can't put anymore out. This number will be configureable thou too. Same goes for land mines and laser trip mines too.
So, how am I supposed to blow up my own teammates with only 4 mines? Huh? Answer me that!
GotBeer?: [Atifact Node] <--I've heavily mined this area! Boom!
Dead player [Redeploying]: omf! Beer tks!!

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
GotBeer? said:
So, how am I supposed to blow up my own teammates with only 4 mines? Huh? Answer me that!
GotBeer?: [Atifact Node] <--I've heavily mined this area! Boom!
Dead player [Redeploying]: omf! Beer tks!!

One time I joined a server under the name of 'MineSweeper' and did nothing but kamikaze into my own team mates mines. It was on BBF's server a long time ago when I was still with them, all in good fun. But man, people get PISSED ;P

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
Oh yeah, and everytime I did it I'd shout, "Found one!" and laugh to myself hysterically.

.. Don't look at me like that.

otang

combat ready
Jan 17, 2005
texas
so hey how can i show a display of all commands available, for example, 'togglebehindview'. the other day i jumped on a jugger and had a 3rd person view of it without giving cammands for it. it was better than first person view ill tell you that. please if you know how i can see this command list let me know. thanx

Mar 6, 2004
Togglebehindview...hit tab and type togglebehindview and hit enter...to get out of it do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.