Devil May Cry 4 Playable demo availible on Xbox Live

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
I just stumbled on the playable Devil May Cry 4 demo on Xbox live!!!

Have'nt played it yet, still downloading, but as a huge fan of the series, I am eager to play. I'll post impressions once I have totally raped the demo.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Ok. First thing I did was trying Nero's taunts.

Press Taunt button. A second later...
COME ON1
Dude with big arm, your voice is too loud.

Pretty much cool, I like picking up a two-stories giant monster and throwing it Kms away. The new guy with the Motor-Sword Red Queen is just the best playable character in the series.

DMC 3.5, the DMC3 which should have been. Finally another worth DMC title.

The boss is laughable as hell though. Hardly a challenge.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I thought it was meh. I remember reading through previews of this and thinking, man how cool is this? I began to wonder why I had always prefered Ninja Gaiden to the DMC series. Now I remember. Instead of a system of attacks, blocks, dodges and combos, you simply juggle the enemies until they are dead, move to next enemy, rinse, lather, repeat.

It's not that it's bad, it's that it's overly simplistic. I'll play it when it comes out, but it's definitely a rental.

~Jason

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
it's worth checking out on PSN as well. The PS3 version seems to be much sharper/cleaner instead of having that fuzzy look, from what I can tell.

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
Well , I like it allot.

It has that classic DMC1 feel to it, even using Nero. The boss fight is very cool, despite not being much of a challenge (it's a demo, try it on full version;))

The main boss of the demo, Berial,is HUGE, and very cool looking, and menacing. He's actually kinda scray, and he's very very brutal in combat. I could see him being very tough on harder difficulties, or even the full version of the game. I surmise that the demo is far easier than the full game to attract newer player, especially those Xbox fanboys that have never played a DMC game at all.

The main/ ultimate attack of Berial is amazing. It made my jaw drop, literally when I saw it, and when I brought it over to a buddies to show it to him, his jaw was on the floor as well, and it's just one of those WOW moments. I haven't seen anything qutie so impressive, and stunning since the first DMC/ FFX. If the demo is any indication, this game is going to rock big time.

Conversly, I have said for awhile that Turok looked to be like something really great. Well, it's just "so-so" I'd say, but still worth playing, but not a super awesome FPS.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
or you can just wait 10 days... well that works for me at least since I'm buying it no matter what. :p

Iron Archer = ps3 fanboi?

No, just mentioning that the PS3 version seems to look somewhat better. I have both systems, since launch. The PS3 was the lead platform on DMC4 anyways, so it's no surprise.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
SLAM DUNK

I've played it, gotten to but haven't beaten Berial, and will clap my hands for the person who kills all the monsters and beats the first mission all the way to the boss.

It's pretty good, but like dragonfliet I like Ninja Gaiden over Devil May Cry. Still, this may sate my desire for ninja carnage until NG2's release.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I've played it, gotten to but haven't beaten Berial, and will clap my hands for the person who kills all the monsters and beats the first mission all the way to the boss.

It's pretty good, but like dragonfliet I like Ninja Gaiden over Devil May Cry. Still, this may sate my desire for ninja carnage until NG2's release.

Check this out: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/167346.html

I've only played DMC 2 and not NG even though I've been wanting to but I decided I'll just wait till NG2. Yeah, it does sound like I'll like it better. To tell you the truth I don't really like DMC's gameplay at all, I just love the character design and how awesome it is to kick ass. :p Hopefully in NG2 I'll love the gameplay while having the awesome kickassness.

Oh yeah, and I ended up dling the demo and I can't beat Berial either even though everyone's talking like it's so easy, I've gotten him to the last notch but then he just busts out crazy attacks on my arse. :p I don't really understand how to use the motor sword though, this guy seems like he's using the charged attacks without having to charge it before hand. :( In fact I don't understand half the damn moves he's using. ><

Last edited:

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
Check this out: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/167346.html

I've only played DMC 2 and not NG even though I've been wanting to but I decided I'll just wait till NG2. Yeah, it does sound like I'll like it better. To tell you the truth I don't really like DMC's gameplay at all, I just love the character design and how awesome it is to kick ass. :p Hopefully in NG2 I'll love the gameplay while having the awesome kickassness.

Oh yeah, and I ended up dling the demo and I can't beat Berial either even though everyone's talking like it's so easy, I've gotten him to the last notch but then he just busts out crazy attacks on my arse. :p I don't really understand how to use the motor sword though, this guy seems like he's using the charged attacks without having to charge it before hand. :( In fact I don't understand half the damn moves he's using. ><

DMC2 is by far the worst in the series, and the bastard child that they would rather forget.

Try part 1, a TRUE masterpiece and a classic.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I did it. Avoid DMC2 and, yeah, even 3. First one is great.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXDGLQmav0

This guy did it even better IMO! :)

And to be honest, the only enemy I like is Berial. The other ones I saw (Scarecrows, Plant thing, Frog thing, Robot-knights, GodofWar2Colossus ripoff and the rest) look funny yet weird.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Rofl, did even watch the video? You posted the same damn one. :lol:

Anyways, wtf, we need some more DMC discussion in here! Screw the CoD4 and TF2 threads! SSBB is cool with me though...

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXDGLQmav0

This guy did it even better IMO! :)

And to be honest, the only enemy I like is Berial. The other ones I saw (Scarecrows, Plant thing, Frog thing, Robot-knights, GodofWar2Colossus ripoff and the rest) look funny yet weird.

Much like the enemies in DMC1!!;) Like the Marionettes etc. That game had some pretty weird enemies as well. How about those wierdo things toward the end, that walk on all fours....:eek:

The Frosts are cool. They're still cooler in their original state in part 1, but these frosts are'nt too bad.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Much like the enemies in DMC1!!;) Like the Marionettes etc. That game had some pretty weird enemies as well. How about those wierdo things toward the end, that walk on all fours....:eek:

The ones in DMC1 had at least a better scary factor, these ones are made only for the sake of looking cool.

Hell, I'm seeing through YouTube lots of cutscenes and battles of the game (since the only thing I care is having fun with the gameplay). It's nothing really special, to be honest; sometimes extremely boring too.
I'd go with a rent as well.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I've seen the demo ... but I really wonder about several things :
Why do I wander from screen to screen as if this is a Playstation 1 game ?

Why the heck do they switch between a fixed "cinematic" camera-view and a standard 3rd person view every ff-ing time you turn a corner ?
That only succeeds in making the game needlessly hard.
Next-gen consoles should be able to handle complex environments with ease.

Why do I have to push a button to open some doors that don't even appear to be 'open' anyway?
Those may be nice tricks to use on a system that can't handle the graphics, but on a next-gen system they are beyond stupid as plenty of games have done a good 3rd person camera-system with the resources available.

It may be a good game in its genre, but IMHO this is a playstation 1 game that is pretending to be 'next-gen'.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
The series has been always like this with doors.
Kill enemies, go to the next room, crappy camera annoying you, stupid cutscene, lame or good boss, another stupid cutscene, ranking, next level, rinse and repeat. HA! :)

The whole point of the game is just making yourself cool at slashing enemies like mad.

Last edited: