Grand Theft Auto 5

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
San Andreas was not silly? Wut? If anything San-Andreas took it to new levels.

Sneaking onto a aircraft carrier to steal a harrier? Chasing down Ryder on a boat as he yells "im a motherfucking genious!"? Having girlfriends that are each into different types of dates (including one that PREFERS to go to a fast-food joint versus a nice place)? Attacking Area-51 to steal a jetpack? Stealing a crop harvester and proceeding to run over the farmers who try to attack you? Having rough sex with the antagonist of GTA3 before she falls for the GTA3 dude and you have to streetrace him before they both run off to Liberty City (preceding the events of GTA3)? Working for a blind Asian billionaire who refuses to admit that he is blind while everyone pretends not to know to make him happy? Stealing the rhymebook of a famous rapper (in a splinter-cell-like mission) for your looser friend only to later save the rapper's life as he tries to kill himself when his career falters, only to steal the rhymebook back from your looser friend to bring the rapper back to popularity? The missions were completely nutters! What game did you play?

Oh no, you're absolutely right, but alongside that was a more serious "plot" and overarching main story than in Vice City, which was entirely tongue-in-cheek. All of these were on the one hand, where it's a crazy, silly world, and on the other hand was a serious attempt at storytelling, and it felt completely bipolar.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
GTA V's dialogue is excellent... it really is. It's generally believable and well-acted, too.

I just haven't really found anything to complain about other than there isn't more world to explore... (i.e. San Francisco, Monterey, and central CA), but that's alright, kinda means they didn't really leave much detail out of the world.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I just haven't really found anything to complain about other than there isn't more world to explore... (i.e. San Francisco, Monterey, and central CA), but that's alright, kinda means they didn't really leave much detail out of the world.
yeah the map in GTA V is still bigger than GTAIV, SA, and Red Dead Redemption combined. and I know a lot people expected GTA V to be the "remake" of SA including San Francisco and Las Vegas. and instead all we got is one big Los Angeles.

but the attention to detail is incredible.
I much prefer a large but complex map to a massive but simple map.

relevant:

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XdoXQIcnCI[/m]

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
^^ great video.

I'm amazed that this isn't rated AO. I mean the only difference between this and hot coffee is that you don't control the thrusts.

agreed.
I mean they basically just gave up on the tongue-in-cheek bullshit and went with full nudity. that plus the language plus the violence and I totally fail to see how GTA V doesn't qualify as AO.

whatever... Amerika...

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
I guess it's because that loonie Jack Thompson isn't around to bug the ERSB this time...

Or because 2013 /= 2004 and the people have grown accustomed and started to cut GTA some slack...

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
So GTA Online is now a thing (if you can get on). I assume that they will fix their server woes soon enough. Feel free to add me on 360 (dragonfliet) and we shall run around that enormous world together, shooting things and whatnot.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Damn... Just found the "Coil" electric car. Gotta be the best handling car in the game. Thing is on rails! :D

edit - Ok no. Just no. They just showed Trevor's ball sack. :lol: I think the ESRB failed on this one.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
How does the online work? Is there no way to just jump into a free roam game in progress?

I tried it for the first time last night and I finished the first car race, but it was devoid of all humans. Just me and Lamar. :(

I never thought one of the most popular games in the world would be so hard to find players. But maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Select your MP character on wheel and game should drop you right into freeroam mode.