phatcat needs PS2 game suggestions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
ok, my mom floored me by getting me a PS2. :p
it was kinna funny becasue at x-mas I opened up a MGS:2. and I thought to my self, silly rabbit, MGS2 is for playstation 2.

then glanced at the PS2 sized box :rolleyes:
duh...

guess this was me give'n her that 1337 palm and keyboard
=3.gif

anyways.

I only have MGS2 and a PS2 (picking up the mem card today)
MGS2 is all I had ever dreamed for in a game. great graphics, intense action, and bitch'n story. I hear the ending kinna blew, but I'm in it for the game.

now I need other game. here is what I'm into

1. I have a lil bro (not that little he's 18, you saw him on the ol' webcam) so some 2 player games would rock
2. I'm getting the black japanese guncon, so any gun con games are welcome
3. I love anime, so any anime ones are welcome also :D
4. I love starategy games
5. I like a RPG as long as it has a good story
6. PS1 games are welcome

games I'm going to get

Frontmission
Lunar 1 & 2

both for PS2...
thats all I can think of
sweatdroplaugh.gif

so I really need some help guys

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
FFX - Uh... The Greatest Game EVER. Not much more to say.
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (this is to anyone else, obviously you said you don't like diablo-like games. it's basically d&d diablo.)
GT3 - Fun singleplayer. Fun multiplayer. FUN.
GTA3 - You must get this. It's not multiplayer, but it's so goddamn awesome I could cry.
DOA2 - Pretty fun fighting game, and it has dresses that blow up (for you phatcat :p). Despite the fact that DOA3 is out for Xbox, this is still a great game.
Twisted Metal Black - Pretty fun multiplayer and single, it's one of those games you beat in a week and then play whenever you run out of new games. (In other words, it gets boring if you ask me.)

EDIT:
Kengo - A very slow game. It's a fighting game, but ACTUALLY requires strategy to win the battles! Imagine that! In single player you build school's, battle rival dojos (this is in Japan), and it's a blast. Also, multiplayer is pretty damn fun, but my favorite part is single player. A warning: you either love this game, or hate it. I love it.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
1. Gran Turismo 3 A-spec and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (more like Gauntlet then Diablo).

2. Time Crisis II

3. Zone of the Enders, I suppose, although I'm not 100% clear on just exactly what an "anime" game entails.

4. Ring of Red was a nice little Front Mission-esque title I picked up a few months back. The battles were a little too slow for my tastes, but you might like it.

5. Final Fantasy X. No ifs, ands or buts about it. If you like RPGs, you NEED this game.

6. Well, aside from Front Mission 3, Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete, and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete, you should probably pick up the original Metal Gear Solid, FF7, 8, and 9, Xenogears, Parasite Eve 1 & 2, and Final Fantasy Tactics (if you can find it).

Now, if you just want a list of good games to pick up for your new PS2 in addition to Metal Gear Solid 2, you should try some of these...

Grand Theft Auto III - Action
gta3_screen006.jpg

GameSpot Review
IGN Review

Final Fantasy X - RPG
ffx103.jpg

GameSpot Review
IGN Review

Gran Turismo 3 A-spec - Racing
granturismo3_screen064.jpg

GameSpot Review
IGN Review

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - Platformer
jakanddaxter_screen020.jpg

GameSpot Review
IGN Review

Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies - Action
ace_2.jpg

GameSpot Review
IGN Review

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - RPG
baldursgate_screen011.jpg

GameSpot Review
IGN Review

Ico - Adventure/Puzzle
ico-05.jpg

GameSpot Review
IGN Review

Devil May Cry - Action
dmc84.jpg

GameSpot Review
IGN Review

Silent Hill 2 - Adventure
shill245.jpg

GameSpot Review
IGN Revew

Soul Reaver 2 - Adventure
soulreaver2_screen013.jpg

GameSpot Review
IGN Review

That's just out of my own personal collection, of course. All highly recommended.

-Keiichi

Last edited:

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
If you're going to get GTA3, get it quickly. Some stores have already taken it off their shelves - refusing to sell it to anyone - and there's rumor of a full ban in the US.

-Keiichi

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Weird. I keep hearing that too Keiichi, but I still never see it in any gaming newsletters. And I saw a comercial for the first time for the game today.