Revisit U2XMP?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tabasco

Nov 23, 2004
How many of you would like to see a few servers revert back to U2XMP while FMI and the true beta testers tie up all the loose ends on UTXMP?

Justification: FMI has, apparently, run into unforeseen difficulties in completing the porting of XMP to the UT platform. That's totally understandable. While they develop code changes to eliminate the bugs, why not give them some breathing room by running U2XMP on more servers.

Many of the posts in this forum are bug-induced flame fests anyway. Personally, I rather hear the old complaints of "you f*ck1ng haxx0rz" or "omfg, turn your bot off" in U2XMP than listen to ppl incessantly rant about the bugs in a BETA version of UTXMP. :rolleyes:

I'm sure FMI wouldn't mind a break from ppl busting their balls all the time.

Anyway, let me know what you think (especially those with game servers).

[pet]robot

Jan 1, 2005
Going back to cali....

I and a few others have gone back to u2xmp, and [pet] is working on making our utxmp into a USA based u2xmp server. NB is great, but we want to add another to help build the community back up. IF utxmp ever gets done then we'll probably come back, but until then I agree people need to stop complaining and just leave till its done. Let FMI do their own thing without us hounding them all the time, myself included for that rant about the uselessness of UTXMP Bot code fixes. Since they dont update us with progress, maybe thats what they would prefer anyway.

tabasco

Nov 23, 2004
Nice!!!

If anyone has a list of active servers, please post them or link to them or something. Most of the servers left in my U2XMP server log are dead.

I do believe that running more U2XMP servers will build the core player base back up and let all the newly interested players get a taste of what UTXMP will eventually be.

*crosses fingers*

[pet]robot

Jan 1, 2005
67.18.134.78:7777 NoBull
84.18.199.3:7500 [OS] OldSchool
62.75.136.211:6666 ]HoC[
213.253.57.58:33333 .BSE.RaptorRace
213.253.57.58:7777 DCSB
213.112.13.189:7777 MuppetZone

MadMan2k

Aug 2, 2004
ctp.teml said:
That is not helpful. Help to find Bugs. :rolleyes:
there are alredy a bunch of bugs posted in the forums, but still no patch in sight.

ctp.teml said:
U2xmp is dead...the Future is UTxmp...
currently UTXMP(1active server, 6Players) is much more dead than U2XMP (3active servers, 19Players).

Or not born yet - take it as you want.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
ctp.teml said:
That is not helpful. Help to find Bugs. :rolleyes:
U2xmp is dead...the Future is UTxmp...

Once the new patch - whenever that's done - goes into affect, we'll have to retest for certain bugs. But our buglist is very extensive right now and there's almost no need to beta it any further for FMI. With the list we've provided them and how fast things are going, I wouldn't wait around for patch 1b to be done. Once it is finished, we'll hear about it soon enough and we can start beta-ing again.

So, until the next patch...etc etc.

Skipr

Apr 1, 2004
Last night we have a 8v8 on NB server...of course 7 of em were Alpha. Haha. We are thinking about going back to U2 as well...

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
ctp.teml said:
@Madman2k And why is it like that?
All which going back to U2xmp will make dead UTxmp.
UTxmp needs time to grow...needs you to stay alive.

utxmp needs a lot of time, not the community to get used to a buggy game. We will support it in full once it is clan match playable, until then, why not just have some fun with something that ain't broke. DE tried to get utxmp going for clans but realized that there were some strong factors that needed to be addressed across the board.

also, pet has just requested that our server be switched back to u2 for awhile. kthxbi

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
Not sure what DE has planned in regards to the server on UTXMP, it most likely will also be switched back to U2XMP.

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
PhatAzz said:
Not sure what DE has planned in regards to the server on UTXMP, it most likely will also be switched back to U2XMP.

The request for this was made last night.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
After seeing all the people going back to U2XMP and the new servers (and a Master Server!) I can't help thinking:
Ain't it strange how, in a way, FMI has already saved XMP?